1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Honey on hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by mythvardoo, Oct 8, 2009.

1. mythvardoo

mythvardoo New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I had gone through the effects of honey and cinnamon in a web site.
    It has been quoted that the honey and cinnamon along with hot olive oil stops hairloss and hence baldness..iam suffering from heavy hairloss that have lost almost 60% of hair on scalp.
    My thyroid level is normal and iam not anaemic.
    I wud like to take up the honey cinnamn pack..but people at home say that honey will turn the hair white. Is it true?
    The replies are a bit urgent since it is already too late for me to start the pack. Thanks in advance.

2. shinimkumar

shinimkumar New IL'ite

ya u can use honey for hair,it will soften the hair..i'm applying honeyfrom top to bottom for my 2 1/2 yr boy ...since he was 6 months old...

3. mythvardoo

mythvardoo New IL'ite

thanks for ur reply.
    have u tried it for urself?
    can i try it out for sure...bcos i am afraid that im going really bald since 60% of my scalp is visible...i read in a site that for a person who has applied olive oil, honey and curd on hair, her hair had changed to blonde....im afraid but i want to get rid off this problem.
    The english medicines given by dermatologists are of no use since they affect my periods. I used to take a pill named Hair Grow suggested by my dermatologists. But my periods go irregular . They get regular wen i stop the tablet. applying tropical minidoxil solutions also do not help as im not able to apply oil to the hair along with the solution...

4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

5. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Yes contious use of honey in the hair would lighten hair...as honey realeses hydrogen peroxide. dont worry there are other methods to prevent hair fall...check out this thread for more information on hair fall solutions

6. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

You can try liquid paraffin.
    For the trial, just apply little liquid paraffin on one selected places. Apply oil regularly. Check it after 1 or 2 weeks. You'll find hair growth. I've used it. I dont find any side effects.