1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

honey and hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by chaaral, Jun 15, 2009.

1. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My mom always said honey if applied on hair, will turn the hair grey.
    But now the more i read abt honey and its properties i tried in face pack and also for hair and suprised, the hair is not grey but soft.:)

I mixed honey with aloe vera gel and conditioner and mixed it and applied to hair. after 30 mins rinse it well as usual and result is soft hair.
    but also honey if used often on dark hair lightens the hair. so might be good if u are looking for a brownish effect.

Chaaral.

2. rozy47

rozy47 New IL'ite

Hello

Great Job. Its awesome. This is a highly informative posting which contains details that many of us would not be aware of. I would surely apply this. Its very useful for us. Honey is natural so no harmful for hair. Thanks a lot. Keep it up.

Thanks.
    Have a nice time a head.

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Chaaral it's so sweet of you to post it, the conditioner you used is the usual ones we buy from shop or a home made one?

4. behappyalways

behappyalways Silver IL'ite

Very good experiment,

Thanks for sharing
    BHA

5. Muktachabda

Muktachabda Senior IL'ite

I too have heard that honey grays the hair, But truly speaking now a days you wont find natural honey.

This is really a very informative post but I am not sure if I would try with my hair. sometimes Aloe vera acts differently for different hair types, it makes the scalp rough. I had tried once.

Well But I would certainly like to know how is it working on others. Atleast I will confident trying it once?

6. krsri79

krsri79 Senior IL'ite

I also second Muktachabda. I am also confused to whether to use it or not but if it is effective for so many of our friends then even i too can try it. By the way where do u get this Aloevera gel.

7. CB123

CB123 New IL'ite

Yeah a very good experiment. Great Job.I would surely apply this. Its very useful for us. Honey is natural so no harmful for hair. Thanks a lot. Keep it up.

8. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Yes honey does make hair lighter as it is a source of hydrigen peroxide which lightens hair.