1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

homeschooling

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by han412, Feb 28, 2014.

1. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

thanks again @ramyaramani that was a wonderful blog.
    are there no options other than NIOS in india

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Han412 What made you to make the homeschooling choice especially in the land where "school" is considered the main source of education. How do you handle situations where people ask your daughter which school she is attending?I know I am asking lot of questions but I am just plain curious.

3. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

@ramyaramani that sure is painful but I wont go into details but my daughter was diagnosed with a life threatning condition when she was not even 4. She was never in any ... I don't kn ow how to put that, but I decided that let me start teaching her, atleast that way she can read books. She was completely normal in 2-3 years. But we were hooked to homeschooling. She doesn't want to go to school. Right now as I am typing this she is making a pizza of paper machie and then she will paint it. Where will you get this kind of freedom.
    I had enrolled her in a nearby school when she went to 1st. She just goes there to give her annual exam. They are very supportive and have always been so because of her health issues.
    Initially she used to be embarrassed if anyone asked her about school. But people no longer ask now that she is growing up .....they see her way of talking command over languages and guess she goes to a " good" school. anyway she is enrolled in 1 school so she always has that answer.

2 people like this.
  4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Han Sorry for making you relive a difficult past. Glad to know your daughter is doing well now. Thank you for answering my questions.

5. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

hello henmam
    can u please let me know how to order/book Edurite worksheets
    my son is in senior KG, as the school he is going to,does not follow the proper CBSE syllabus I want to make him do the worksheets at home

6. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

2 people like this.