1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

homeschooling

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by han412, Feb 28, 2014.

1. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I am homeschooling my 11 year old. Are there any other parents here who are homeschooling. I want to know what about 10th std , any ideas about exams.
    Han

2. hemi1232

hemi1232 New IL'ite

what curriculum is this?

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Han, I am sorry, I dont think anyone I know here in IL is homeschooling their children.
    However, I am a follower of a website called mommy-labs.com
    Do take a look at the website; it has excellent advise on home schooling. Normally I dont direct people o other websites; however, given that you have received no responses (since we dont have parents who home-school their kids here) here, I am directing you there.

4. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

thank you so much rakhii!

1 person likes this.
  5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome. How is your experience of home schooling? Would love to hear the details.

6. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

My child has lernt so many things more than she would have at school. She has lot of time to attend extra curricular activities. She is pretty intelligent ( all children are when taught the right way) and is a quick learner.
    hemi we follow the ICSE curriculum. She also learns form CBSE books, Perfect Genius, Edurite worksheets still she has ample spare time. As of now she is learning bonsai, drawing, swimming and cooking. Also she has become a whiz at housework and finishes everything in a jiffy. I am of the opinion that practical knowledge is extremely important. She is an avid reader and writes very well too.

1 person likes this.
  7. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Han412 Pardon my ignorance. I am curious about how homeschooling happens:Are you based in India?How does the Board of Education treat her for writing her board exams?

8. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Yes I stay in India. Look at my original post I came here to get to know more about her 10th

9. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@hans I did read your original post. I should have phrased my question clearly. Since you were saying ICSE and CBSE syllabus I was wondering which exams she could write. As far as I know both ICSE/CBSE exams can be taken only through schools affiliated through them. Will she be applying through NIOS?

I think you will find this blog useful: education @ home

10. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

thanks I will definitely go through the blog
    I teach her everything there is to learn. Also she studies through both the syllabi because she finishes her work so quickly that I don't know what to do with the rest of the time that is the reason she studies both ICSE and CBSE. NIOS is also 1 more option I might consider for her 10th.
    My 2 cents but I think as of now does not matter which board, she should gain as much knowledge as she can. Till her 4th she was studying from ICSE, CBSE and state board text books.