1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

homemade teething biscuits and cookies for kids

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by loonypooh, Jul 10, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

so ihave tried making her a few "chewies" that she enjoys.... and heres one of them

whole wheat and dates cookies

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Eggless teething biscuits1/4 cup chopped dates
    3/4 cup water
    dry ingred
    1/2 cup wheat flour
    1/4 cup cooking butter
    pinch nutmeg, pinch cardamom pwd
    2 tbsp brown sugar/demerara sugar whichever is avail

mix the dry ingredients
    now in a saucepan cook dates with water, covered, until it can be easily mashed, puree cooked dates to get the syrup
    add this to the dry ingredients.... make a dough. cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 mins

roll out the dough about the thickness of 1/4th inch. cut out 2 inch cookies.....

bake in preheated oven for 15 mins at 180 deg C.
    the original recipe i have modified, coz my first batch came out "overbaked"... but if urs is a toddler, u might as well bake for 20 mins or more.... mine likes a crumbly texture.

3. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

wowwww poo... looks :wow.. how about sending across some to chennai?

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

next on list is wholewheat almond eggless cookies.... we have made gthem once for us, now will alter the recipe and make for baby :)

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

woww pooh :)
    I tried the below.
    I had cerelac wheat banana tin, my DS didnt like the taste. Here goes the receipe with it :)
    1cup cerelac
    1/2 cup maida
    1/2 cup wheat
    Butter/cooking oil - 2tbsp
    Ice water

Mix all the dry ingredients well, add ice water little by little, same way add oil/butter as and when you knead, make a dough, till it rolls out without sticking to the bowl. Refrigerate for 20mins. Make 1/2 inch thick parathas, cut out shapes as you like, DD liked all stars, hearts, etc, DS likes a long flat one, to hold and chew. Bake for 10mins at 220C. Got this receipe from wholesomebabyfood, but the timing wasnt perfect for me, it got over baked. So i stick to 10mins. You can try this with whole of wheat flour too. This is chewy and yummy :)) Every batch gets over within 2-3hrs :))))

I have cerelac wheat apple tin too, one of the visitors bought it, again DS didnt like. So that would be made into cookies soon :)
    Pooh, am going to try yours next.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

oh asha, Pon, maybe u guys can come to hyderabad and get some. "usi bahane mil lenge" what say?

Pon, made almond eggless cookies.. its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO delicious. out of the world.. for an eggless cookie....asha u MUST try these if u bake....
    Whole Wheat Almond Eggless Cookies | Manjula's Kitchen | Indian Vegetarian Recipes

its with video! Pon, i dont care if u make it for DS or no, but do urself a favor and make DH and u a batch.LOL.....

i tried ur idea of making mango french toast.... i gave a small piece to DD to chew on, rest 2 toasts i ate...lol ,bad momma

7. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

if only i had seen this recipe before Pon, i have thrown away 4 packets of infant food.... nestum stage 2, cerelac wheat,cerelac apple wheat and easum... bah....she now only likes fresh foods....silly girl

8. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Great thread girls. Will try some today and give u the feedback.
    btw, how do u feed the biscuit? Do you just crumble it with hands or do u mix it in water?

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Girls, you are all so tempting me..I feel like running home immediately and try everything... I was planning to do this on the weekend after talking to Pon, but didnt find time to do that.. But, I dont think I can postpone this till next weekend...

10. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Great ideas mommas,

I have no oven and could not try these i think

As of now, DD munches on Marie biscuits so well, so giving her those only. She used to chew for a while and then cut the piece in her mouth and then eat it. Now, she is biting it with a "tup" sound and then trying to chew it. :)

But,, your recipes are toooooooooooooooooooo good.

Deepchiran.