1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade HAIR GROWTH packs.

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Yashikushi, Sep 4, 2009.

1. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

Few more from internet, i felt these are very easy to make too

1. Egg And Olive Oil Hair Pack

To make this hair pack, you will have to break two eggs in a bowl and then add 1/2 cup of Olive oil to this. In order to apply on your hair, stir the mixture well so that you get a uniform consistency. Once you have made this paste, Its ready to be applied.

Now apply this homemade mask with the help of a flat brush. Remember to apply this from roots to the tips section by section. Once your hair is properly coated with the paste, tie it up and wrap a shower cap around your head. Wait for 45 minutes and then wash with cold water. If you find it difficult to rinse, then shampoo and condition as usual.

Also Read: 5 Homemade Hair Masks to Stop Hair Fall

2. Egg. Lemon, And Yogurt Hair Pack

This second hair pack also contain egg along with other ingredients lemon and yogurt. The items you need for this are 1 egg, 1 lemon and 1 cup of yogurt.

To prepare this mask, in a cup of yogurt add an egg and then squeeze the juice of a lemon in it. Now mix it thoroughly to form a paste like material. When the paste is ready. Apply over your hair the same way as stated above. Leave for 45 minutes and then shampoo. This hair pack will deeply moisturize your hair and help you to get rid of many scalp conditions like dandruff, lice and fungus.

3. Banana Hair Pack

Banana hair pack is very popular to repair dry and damaged hair. If your hair is rough and Damaged due to the use chemicals and styling tools, then banana hair pack will be ideal for you.

For banana pack, you need one banana and 5-7 drops of almond oil. First mash a banana thoroughly and add.5-7 drops of almond oil to this. Apply it on your hair properly and then leave for 30 minutes. Wash off with mild shampoo and condition as usual.

4. Henna and Yogurt Hair Pack

This hair pack can dry out your hair so don’t forget to massage your hair with an oil before the application of this pack. Put some henna a bowl according to your hair density and add 1/4 a cup of yogurt. You can add juice of a Lemon if you want to add some shine.

Mix all ingredients well and apply to the entire length of hair from roots to the tips. Tie your hair up and wrap a shower cap around head. Leave for 30 minutes and then just rinse with cold water. Next day shampoo your hair and apply good quality Conditioner.

1 person likes this.
  2. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

hair growth oils

1. Jojoba Oil

You can call the jojoba oil a blessing by the nature. Yes, it really is. Jojoba oil is very effective in treating hair loss and strengthening the hair roots. The chemical structure of jojoba oil is quite similar to that of sebum which is naturally produced by our body. That’s why, jojoba oil is very effective in maintaining the oil balance of the scalp.

This oil is lighter and is easily absorbed by the scalp. You can apply this directly on your hair and scalp without mixing with any carrier oil. If your hair is broken and splitted at the ends then head massage with jojoba oil every alternate day will do a very good job for you. Jojoba oil penetrates deep into the hair shaft and moisturizes hair follicles making then stronger and healthier.

Although it can be applied alone but if you want to mix it with other oils then following combination will give you the extra ordinary results

Jojoba oil, 10 drops
    Coconut oil, 3 drops
    Rosemary oil, 4 drops
    Castor oil, 5 drops

2. Lavender Oil

Lavender oil is full of ingredients that are needed for hair growth and keeping the hair strong and healthy. It regulates the blood flow to the follicles which results in the improved hair growth and stronger hair roots.
    Lavender oil is not only good for hair growth, but its also very effective in treating dandruff and lice which are the main cause of hair fall in most people. If you are loosing your hair due to the lack of sleep and load of stress then go for lavender oil head massage because this oil has the capability of inducing sleep and giving relief from stress.

Most of the hair masks are prepared with lavender oil because of its potential in controlling the hair damage. The ideal combination of lavender oil for hair is as follows

Lavender oil, 10 drops
    Almond oil, 5 drops
    Chamomile oil, 4 drops
    Grape seed oil, 4 drops

3. Rosemary Oil

Rosemary is yet another oil that is very effective in promoting hair growth and preventing hair loss. It strengthens the hair roots and thereby prevent hair from breakage.

The important elements in the rosemary oil are caffiec acid and rosmarinic acid which play very important role to enhance the volume of your hair. This oil is ideal for dry and itchy scalp. It has soothing effect which will soothen your scalp and relive from itching. You can give your head a hot oil treatment containing rosemary oil as a key oil. Following is the mixture that will work very good for this. Warm a bit the mixture and then massage and leave for few hours before washing.

Rosemary oil, 10 drops
    Tea tree oil, 4 drops
    Jojoba oil, 2 drops

All these three oils are of great help for your hair and scalp. When you are massaging, make it sure that you are penetrating it deep into the hair roots with the help of fingertips. It is advisable to make the oil a little bit warmer. When done with massage, wrap your head with hot towel for around one hour. If followed this treatment regularly for some time, you are bound to have healthy, thick and beautiful hair in no time.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

HI Yashukashi,
    Hope u r fine & doing good.
    I know this thread is not active now a days still i'm droping my message here so u can reply me wen u see dis message.
    From last 2 weeks i'm using "Hibiscus Hair Pack" but last Sunday i kept the pack more than 1 hr on my hair. So my question is if i keep more than 20 mins ,will it give some bad effect or is it ok??
    i have few grey hair and from front my scalp is little visible(it appears from last 6-months bcoz i went through a lot of mental stress by that time).
    Plz help me so dat i can get my hair back at least my scalp should not visible.earlier i hv very good long hair. Now it's up to bra length(sorry for wrong example).
    Thanks in advance:)

4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@Sweety789
    I'm fine and thanks for your concerns.

No harm if the pack is for 1/2 hr,but don't let it for more than the called in time.
    It may dry your scalp instead of nourishing.

Grey hairs once popped,cannot be turned back.Every set back in your health status reflects in your overall physical look. So first take care of your mental health,to avoid further damaging your hair.

Do yoga for mental calmness.
    Try home made hair oil.use them regularly or have oil massage before head bath.

To cover grey hair try this:

Take 2-3 tbl of Amla powder(Indian goose berry).Make a paste by adding water in an iron bowl or kadai/vessel/Note:it must an iron made or else won't get the result.
    Leave it cover for over night,will find some black formation on the surface.Stir itwell.Leave it for another overnight.Repeat the same for one more daySee to that there is no fungus in the pack.
    Apply it like henna.Let it be for one hr.Wash it off.
    Follow this every week for the first few months.Then once in 15 days for two months.Then monthly once.its a slow process.Need lots of patience.But fruitful result.

Thanks.

3 people like this.
  5. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Yashikhusi ...for replying back.
    Currently i'm using ur suggested Hibiscus Hair pack every week ,only this week did nt applied. So can do like this: Coming week i will apply amla pack and will follow it every week for 1 month. After one month i'll use hibiscus pack one week and next week amla pack. Is this idea good or i should stick to one pack for atleast three month ??
    Sorry for long post & disturbing u again n again. Plz help me bcoz already i lost my beautiful long hair and now bcoz of using packs and homemade hair oil my MIL is commenting a lot... kneesmiley Take care...

1 person likes this.
  6. Yashikushi

@Sweety789
    Not at all,i'm at your service.:)
    Please stick to anyone pack that suits you and promotes you improvement.need lil patience.
    Neglect all those negative impact.:cool2:You will get back.
    Keep going.Best wishes.
    Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot Yashikushi ji.
    I brought hibiscus leaves powder from my home,i asked my mom to make the powder :) Here i can't plant hibiscus plant bcoz my MIL told one pandit advise they can't keep this plant ,since it doesn't suit them. My FIL hv some serious health issue so i can't put that plant to hurt their feelings..Once the hibiscus powder over i'll go for amla pack since earlier i used it but stopped bcoz of laziness..Let me try hibiscus pack and let u know my fb after 1 month,still then take care ...:)

1 person likes this.
  8. Yashikushi

@Sweety789
    Ha,long story behind long hair longing.
    Good you are valuing your MIL's feeling.Better stick to that.:thumbsup

Do and drop here.All the best.
    Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  9. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Yashikushi,

My hair is very very thin.Last week i applied egg,henna pack on my hair.Can you please guide me which hair pack will make my hair thicker and stringer? How can i grow more new hairs on my scalp? Please help me out..I do have sinus, cold problem? Please help me...

10. Yashikushi

@pihu123
    I wish you to go through this link first
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hair-care-and-hair-styles/226128-all-about-hair-reasons-hair.html

1.If you had strong and thick hair before(mean by birth) chances are more to get them back,again it depends how the products/your remedies goes with your body/health/hair condition.
    If you dont have,or having thin hair by nature,its not possible to "CREATE"
    Be clear on this fact.

2.Suppose lost hair due to some sickness/medication,
    you can retrieve it back through healthy eating habits,stress free life style.

3.Follow brahmi hair pack,curryleave hair oil massage for better results.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hair-care-and-hair-styles/127928-homemade-hair-oil-recipes.html

Dont let them stand for more than 20 mintues as you may have severe cold attacks.

4.More you worry,more you become sick.cool.Patience is more important,as its not overnite magic.So be calm and watch.
    Good thing will happen.:thumbsup

Any further doubts???? open it up.

Thanks.