1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade FACE MASK

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by chatkara_tasty, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vedamchaitra

vedamchaitra New IL'ite

pls suggest home made face pack

Hi ILites. Can u please suggest any home made face packs and facial scrubs that works on sensitive skin. I am 5 months pregnant so dont want to try new products available in shops and my skin is very sensitive to milk products, citrus fruits, turmeric. Have developed small acne and small skin tags in last few days.Any suggestions will be very helpful...

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Re: pls suggest home made face pack

Dear vedamchaitra,

Congrats first!.It's a good decision to abstain from cosmetic products during this time.Grate fruits like papaya,tomato and cucumber with little lime juice and orange juice..Mix multani mutti/sandal wood powder with this paste and apply on your face.

You can use herbal products like biotique/Himalayas.They are safe..

Good Luck!

3. seemaa

seemaa Senior IL'ite

just mix a little gram flour or still better masoor floor with a little milk or curd .add a spoon of honey and apply to ur face.it works great

4. CuteTechie

CuteTechie New IL'ite

Soak almonds for few hours...peel off and then grind them...
    apply the face and let it dry for 10 - 15 mins...wash ur face...
    best natural face pack...

5. divya nagarajan

divya nagarajan New IL'ite

Re:pls suggest a face wash

hiii am divya and am from chennai.i have a oily skin and i dont know wat soap to use.once i wash my face using soap my face becomes so dry leaving white patches on face.i tries even baby soaps,dove thinking it will be mild on my skin by o use my face becomes oily in few mins & getting pimples.... someone pls suggest me a soap which doesnt make my skin dry and also tell me whether olive oil used on face everynight makes skin go tan????

thanks in advance
    divya

6. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear divya,

Never use soap to wash your face.Get a good face wash.Lakme and Garnier are good.Try any of them.

Good Luck!

7. vindhiya

vindhiya Senior IL'ite

Divya u can try baby soaps,the best face wash is besan + green gram powder.

8. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Re: pls suggest a face wash

Hi Divya,

Try nivea honey soap.Everyouth face wash is fine, if you think garnier/lakme are costly.

Never apply olive oil to your face since yours is oily skin.

Wash your face frequently with a face wash and pat it dry.

Use tissues to wipe out all the excess oil from the face.

Hope these will help.

Haritha

9. recipiesdirect

recipiesdirect Bronze IL'ite

Herbal Facial Treatment

Here are a few herbal facial treatments that can be done at home to remove facial hair and slow down re growth. These are effective if done regularly, say every week and require patience and pre testing. Test the mask on the back of the hand for example to check there is no adverse reaction before proceeding.
    • Mix 30 grams of sugar with 10 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice in 150 ml of water. Mix well and then apply it on the face in the direction of the hair growth. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water, rubbing the facial area gently. The granular sugar and lemon mixture will act as a gentle exfoliating agent and remove facial hair. The lemon juice will act as an astringent and natural anti septic. Repeat once every week to find an improvement.

• Another face mask that can help in reducing hair growth on the face and remove unwanted hair is easy to make and use every week. Squeeze 10 ml lemon juice into 40 ml honey and prepare a mixture. Take a cotton swab and rub this mixture in the direction of the hair growth. Rinse after 15 minutes. Repeat twice a week for 2 weeks and then use it every week to find an improvement in the facial hair condition.

• An easy to use facial mask to help remove unwanted hair is to squeeze 10 ml lemon juice into a cup of water (150ml). Add 30 grams of Gram flour into this mixture and mix thoroughly. Apply this yellow mixture on the face. Wait for 15 minutes and then scrub your face in the direction of the hair growth to remove unwanted hair.

10. KalyaniBhaskar

KalyaniBhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Re: Herbal Facial Treatment

Hi
    Nice recipes ! Thanks.

But I am little doubtful about the proportions. 10 ml of lemon juice in 150 ml ? is the ratio 1:15?

Kalyani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.