1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade FACE MASK

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by chatkara_tasty, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Can anybody plz tell me how to do Fruit facial

Hi all
    Can anybody plz tell me How to do fruit facial to look fresh.
    what all ingredients should mix for fruit facial & the whole process.

Waiting for ur replys
    Thanku IL
    Bye

2. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Re: Can anybody plz tell me how to do Fruit facial

Dear Sunikris,

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here r some fruit facials that u can do at ur home.It's not only good for you, if feels great too. You can make a facial from ordinary kitchen goods. Here are some recipes which are inexpensive to make and you probably have the ingredients right in your kitchen. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Honey Facial[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] * (warning - do not use this if you are allergic to eggs!)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tablespoon honey[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 egg yoke[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 teaspoon olive oil[/FONT]

Procedure:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beat the egg yoke with a fork, add the oil and blend well. Add the honey using a spoon that you have rinsed with hot water and blend well again. Smear it all over your face with your fingers, except do not cover your eyes. Leave it on your face for 15 minutes, then rinse it off.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cucumber Facial[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cucumber[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 teaspoon lemon juice[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 teaspoon witch hazel (you can buy this in any drug store)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 egg white, beaten with an electric beater until fluffy.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Procedure:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Peel the cucumber and run it through a blender or a food processor. Pour the cucumber pulp into a colander or strainer and force it through, catching the liquid that comes out in a bowl underneath. Combine the cucumber liquid with the lemon juice and the witch hazel. Stir it and add the beaten egg white gently. Put it on your face and leave it on for 15 to 25 minutes, then rinse off.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Refreshing Fruit Facials[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PEACH TIGHTENING MASK[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Peach, ripe, peeled, pitted
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Egg white[/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whip the peach and egg white together in a blender until smooth. Gently pat the mixture all over your face. Relax for 30 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]APPLE MASK FOR NORMAL SKIN[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Apple, cored & quartered[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 T Honey[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drop the apple pieces into a food processor and chop. Add honey and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Pat the mixture onto your face with a light tapping motion, tapping until the honey feels tacky. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CUCUMBER MASK FOR OILY SKIN[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 Cucumber[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Egg white[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 T Lemon juice[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tsp mint[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Puree everything and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm, then cool water.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]STRAWBERRY DRAWING MASK[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 c Strawberries, very ripe[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/4 c Cornstarch[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix strawberries and cornstarch together to make a paste and apply it to your face, avoiding the delicate area around your eyes. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CITRUS FRESHNER[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 cups boiling water[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 vitamin C (a preservative)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lemon peel (zest) from 2 lemons [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dissolve the vitamin in water. In a glass bowl put the lemon zest and pour the water over them. Let it sit over night. Remove the zest and put in a spray bottle. You can use any type of citrus peel. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BLEMISHED SKIN MASK[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Tomato, ripe, chopped[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tsp Lemon juice[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 T Instant style oatmeal or old-fashioned rolled oats[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blend everything until just combined. Apply to skin, making sure the mixture is thick enough to stay on blemished areas: cheeks, forehead, or chin. If necessary, add a bit more oatmeal to thicken the mask. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then scrub it off with a clean washcloth dipped in warm water. [/FONT]

I used to do at home , but now I am littile lazy with my baby as I have to spend most of my time with her ..... Otherwise I really love to do these simple facilas all the time...

With Love
    Tej:wave

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  3. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sunikris,

Here r some fruit facilas from my collection:

Time for a smoothie... a facial smoothie. Every kitchen should have a container of plain yogurt. It can be used in place of sour cream in most food recipes, saving you tons of calories, but for this particular recipe, you aren't going to eat it, you are going to wear it.

Procedure:-

Blend 3 tablespoons of yogurt and 3 large strawberries, apply it and then relax for 10 minutes. The yogurt cleans and nourishes and the strawberries helps exfoliate those dead skin cells.

Summer Fruit Facial

strawberries
    fresh nectarine
    fresh papaya
    1 egg white
    1/2 an English cucumber

Procedure :-

Puree all in a blender, apply to face and relax with a good book for 15 minutes. If there is any stinging sensation, remove the mask immediately. This reaction will allert you to the fact that you have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.

Autumn Mask

1 ripe apple
    1/2 tsp Half and Half
    1 tsp honey
    1 T oats
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

Peel and grate the apple and then add the remaining ingredients. Mash with a fork to reduce the texture, and then apply it to your face. Wait 10 minutes and then wash off.

ADAPTED RECIPE

1/4 of an apple
    1/2 tsp Half and half
    1 Tsp honey
    1 T oatmeal
    NO CINNAMON

This time I pureed the above so that the texture was smooth. Application was much easier and no stinging. It didn't have the great scent that the first mask had, but no stinging and no blotches must count for something right??

Love
    <!--/gc-->

4. palak

palak New IL'ite

Hi Sunikris,

A fruit facial is similar to a regualr facial other than the fact that instead of a facial cream to massage ur face, u use a fruit of your choice, usually a citrus fruit like oranges or strawberries which contain Vitamin C and antioxidants for the skin, or even papaya which has vitamin A and sloughs off the dead cells.

these are the basic steps:
    1. Clean your face thorougly with a cleanser and cotton. Then use a scrub depending on your skin type. If oily u can use besan, milk/curd, almond powder and a pinch of turmeric. Make a paste and scrub your face softly in circualr motion for two to three minutes then wash off with warm water. If dry use honey, milk and oatmeal powder.

Then preferably ask a friend or ur sister to give u a massage with mashed papaya, strawberries or a mixture of orange pulp and juice. The massage sholud be in upward strokes and done softly to relax u. If u can't ask anyone u can massage the face and neck area yourslef. Be careful to wear old clothes and use a towel around your neck and sholuders. The massage sholud last for at least 20 minutes to improve blood circulation, detoxify your skin and to bring about a glow on the face.

Then steam ur face gently with an electric steamer, taking care not to take ur face very close to he steam. About three to four minutes sholud be enough. Now gently wipe our face with clean cotton and check for any blackheads or whiteheads around the nose, forehead, chin etc and remove them with a tweezer. Splash your face with cool water or rub ice to close the pores on your skin.
    Lastly, apply a pack of your choice, and piu two cotton pads soaked in ice-cold water or cucumber juice on your eyes and lie down to relax. Let the pack dry off and then wash and apply a moisturiser.

Have a nice time!

Palak

5. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Honey Facial !!!

Honey is a great ingredient for making your own facial mask. Honey is one of nature’s skin healing substances that has the ability to help heal wounds, burns and skin ulcers: inflammation, swelling and honey helps to reduce pain. Honey provides a moist environment, which promotes the growth of new skin tissue. Although a moist environment also favors the growth of infecting bacteria, the anti-microbial properties of honey prevent infection. But unlike other antiseptics, honey is not harmful to tissues, and actually speeds up the growth of new tissue to heal the wound.

Here are a few quick and easy recipes that are made with honey!!

Moisturizing Honey and Egg Mask

This recipe is recommended for dry skin.

1 tablespoon powdered milk
    1 stiffly beaten egg white
    1 egg yolk
    1-teaspoon honey

Mix together and apply to your face. Leave on for 10-15 min. Rinse thoroughly

Honey of a Peach Mask

There is nothing more revitalizing than a peach and honey mask, which will leave your skin feeling soft and silky.

1 large peach or nectarine, skinned
    3 teaspoons honey
    Lecithin powder or 2 tablespoons yogurt

Mash the peach (or nectarine) and honey and apply to your face. Leave on 10-15 min. Rinse.

Honey Mask

This is mildly antiseptic.

1 egg yolk
    2 tablespoons honey
    10 drops almond oil

Whip until creamy. Store any extra in a jar in fridge.

Honey Oat Mask

1 tablespoon honey
    2 tablespoons finely crushed almonds
    1 teaspoon powdered clay
    4 tablespoons uncooked oatmeal or cornstarch

Mix together, adding little water if mixture is too thick to spread. Apply to face. Gently massage face, using an upward, circular motion as you rinse for best results.

Honey Nut Full Body Masque

1 handful finely crushed almonds
    5 tablespoons uncooked oatmeal
    2 teaspoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons honey
    1/4 cup hot water

Mix all ingredients to form a paste. Slather on (especially on back and chest areas) and leave for 10 minutes. Massage in; rinse off.

Heavenly Mask

1 tablespoon yogurt
    1 egg yolk
    1 tablespoon honey

Mix gently and let stand until paste is at room temperature. Smooth mask onto clean face, and lie down for 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Apply astringent and moisturizer for best results. .

Love

6. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Fruit is the main ingredient to add to your facial mask. The smells and revitalizing essence of fruit is sure to rejuvenate your spirit. Here is a list of fruit based masks that you can make from the comfort of your home.

Rejuvenating Avocado-Banana Masque

Recommended for dry or sensitive skin.

1/4 mashed ripe avocado
    1/2 mashed ripe banana
    2 tablespoons plain yogurt (not low-fat)
    1 teaspoon wheat germ oil

Mix all ingredients. Apply mixture to face. Leave on for 30 min. Rinse with warm water.

Fruit Punch Refresher

1/2 cup lemon yogurt
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon lime juice
    1 teaspoon grapefruit juice

Mix together; leave on face for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold club soda. Definitely refreshing!!

Tropical Paradise Mask

1/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
    1 tablespoon coconut milk

Place ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
    Spread in a thin layer over skin. Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Dry your skin by patting.

This tropical mask gives complexions a healthy glow. Bromelian, an enzyme found in fresh pineapple, removes dead skin cells.

Yummy Plum Mask

Recommended for blemished, oily skin.

6 plums
    1 teaspoon almond oil

Boil the plums; cool. Mash plums with almond oil. Apply to skin. Leave on for 10-15 min.

Moisturizing Apricot Mask

Recommended for dry skin.

2 apricots
    2 tablespoons plain yogurt

Purée in a blender. Apply to face, avoiding eye area, and leave on for 10 to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly

Spunky Vegetable Mask

Recommended for troubled skin.

1 tablespoon cucumber
    1 tablespoon parsley
    1 tablespoon yogurt

Mix in the blender until fluffy. Apply to clean skin. Leave on for up to 30 min. Rinse thoroughly.

Love

7. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Thanku Teja

Dear Teja,
    Thanku for ur Posts on Fruit facial.
    I was not well. So now a days i ma not checking IL.
    Just saw.
    Great work.
    U collected good methods & u posted for me.
    So nice of you.
    Once again thanku

8. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Thanku Palak

Hi Palak
    Thanku for ur detailed explanation of fruit facial.
    & cleared all my doubts before i ask
    It was so sweet of u.

Thanku very much.

Regards
    Suneeta

9. Mitra

Mitra Senior IL'ite

Thanks Guy

That was awesome ....great job.

it was really nice that you all put so much effort to post the information ..

Cheers,
    Mitra

10. rojaramesh2005

rojaramesh2005 New IL'ite

Home made facial pack

Hi,

Iam in UK. Pls suggest me how to make facial pack in home itselt. I need it for myself.

Thanks,
    Roja.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.