1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Home remedy which may help approx. 80 or so old diseases.

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by nesh, Oct 22, 2010.

1. geethur

geethur New IL'ite

HI all,

Here the kali jeeri what she is refering is diffrent from the black cumin seeds what we get in stores.

Plant Profile

Kali jeeri is a member of the Umbelliferae family, which is composed of more than 3,000 species of highly aromatic flowering plants with hollow stems. Such plants include parsley, dill, anise, fennel, cumin and caraway. Confusion exists regarding its identity because several other spices are also called black cumin. To be clear, kali jeeri refers to Bunium persicum. True black cumin, which isn't related to either cumin or kali jeeri, is Nigella sativa, a plant that represents a different genus and species.

Read more: Kali Jeeri For Weight Loss | LIVESTRONG.COM

2. redgems

redgems New IL'ite

can someone please confirm - 'ajmo' is ajwain seeds?

also, regarding the instructions, i'm a little confused. i understand to combine ajmo, black cumin seeds, and methi in a coffee grinder and make into a powder. but before that, it says to 'clean and warm up on low heat' - so i heat these a bit before putting into a grinder?

please reply!

thanks.

3. springlands

springlands New IL'ite

Hi nesh, thank you for sharing this. i would like to know from where you got this information? ( ie 50grms fenugreek (Methi seeds) ,20grms Ajmo 10grams Kali Jeeri (not jeeru) mixture).
    Has anyone tried this mixture? Is this a one time process?
    thanks, Aarthy

4. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

very very useful info.thanks for sharing.

5. sudhasuresh

sudhasuresh Silver IL'ite

Thank u very much nesh is a wonderful information u have given, I have been using it for more than a month by now , which was told by my neighbour aunty , I m using jeeragam also along with this ingredients.
    Thanks
    Sudha

6. ndadrewala

ndadrewala Senior IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

What is Jeeragam?? I met a lady in the train the other day, she mentioned Methi seeds, Snauf (Raw Variali) and Shah Jeera (kala Jeera) to be roasted on low fire and then powdered.. store the powder in a jar and have one tea spoon of this every morning with water... she must have forgotten to mention warm water, but here on the site warm water is specifically mentioned..

Also here i find Ajmo instead of Variali/Snauf... i have already made the powder of Methi, Snauf and Shah Jeera.. is it okay if i add Ajmo (ajwain) powder to this and have the same in the night as well as in morning with warm water...??

Nilufer

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Jeeragam is Jeera. Its a tamizh name for the cumin seeds.

8. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Nesh,

nice information. Thanks for sharing

Bhavna

9. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Where can we get black cumin ..?

10. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Tahshin karunjeeragam in tamizh is also known as kalonji which you may try in Indian Stores. otherwise just google for jintan hitam (indonesian) for images to know about it.