1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home Remedies For Dark Circles Under The Eyes

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by sunkan, Nov 9, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear prachi,
    these things one has to go on until one gets result as these are mostly connected to the natural remedy, also try and cut down on your spicy food it will help heal fast..sunkan

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sarkri,
    here is the reference i got from google for you...sunkan
    Skin blemishes:
    such as pimples, rashes, cysts and bumps are associated with well over 95 different disorders, but the most common reason for problematic skin is a result of acne vulgaris. Most people who experience acne vulgaris, suffer outbreaks between the ages of 15 and 25. Mild to moderate displays of pimples on the face, neck, back or chest are very typical. While general acne is common, a different treatment for whiteheads than for blackheads is necessary to eliminate each type of blemish. Understanding the underlying causes of these types of pimples can help in developing an effective treatment protocol.

Comedones or pimples, occur when a hair follicle becomes clogged from sebum, debris and bacteria. Sebum is an oily substance that is secreted from the sebaceous glands. Sometimes oil production is tipped off balance by hormones, medications, illnesses or even stress. Typical in teens, hormonal changes cause excess sebaceous glands to fill pores with unusual amounts of oil. Debris such as dead skin cells and particles of protein become trapped in the oily deposits. Pores are filled with oil and debris and according to experts, if the oil is not cleaned away within 8 hours, the substance hardens and causes skin blemishes.

A darkening of the trapped debris occurs when it is exposed to oxygen which makes the pores look black. Very often, bacteria will come in contact with blackheads causing them to develop into red, inflamed whiteheads. Some people tend to develop an ongoing problem and need a treatment for whiteheads that is both specific and effective. The best way to address the condition is to combine a regimen of diet and exercise with a skin treatment protocol. Dermatologists agree that skin problems are not generally directly caused by foods. However, there is a link between an unbalanced diet and certain trigger foods.

An acne sufferer should make sure that he drinks up to 8-10 glasses of water a day. A large portion of vegetables and fruits should be consumed daily along with plenty of fiber in the diet. Some researchers point to toxins in the body as some of the underlying problems that cause skin blemishes. A diet high in fiber and low in fatty foods can help balance out the production of the oil glands as well as sweep away internal toxins. Water, of course, is necessary to carry toxins out of the body through the digestive tract as well as the skin pores in the form of perspiration.

Exercise is helpful in promoting perspiration as well as lowering stress that can change the balance of oil production on the epidermis. The addition of vitamins such as A, E, and C as well as selenium to a diet can promote healthy skin. Other nutrients such as zinc and essential fatty acids are also critical to maintaining and repairing the skin. Nutrients can be added to the diet through supplements as well as the addition of certain foods. While maintaining a healthy lifestyle,

Cleaning the skin adequately each day is the first place to start in developing a plan for topical treatments. It is not necessary to scrub the skin mercilessly every day to get rid of excess oil. In fact, too much scrubbing only causes more oil and may irritate the surface. Find a gentle cleanser that cleans the face without drying it too much. Soap used for bathing may not be appropriate for the face. During the process of cleaning, use plenty of warm water to open pores. Secondly, use a topical medication that will kill bacteria. Since bacteria are the culprit that causes blackheads to develop white, pus-filled pockets, this is a very important step.

Many sufferers have found that benzoyl peroxide is highly effective in destroying bacteria. Found in some over-the-counter medications such as Oxy 10 and Clearasil, benzoyl peroxide should be used in low dosages so that the skin can acclimate to it. Consistency is the key to killing bacteria that is partly responsible for skin blemishes. Lastly, a good moisturizer should be applied in order to prevent dryness that can easily occur when using benzoyl peroxide. Care should be taken in both the cleansing and moisturizing process so as not to overly dry the skin. Since some people are more sensitive than others, it is a good idea to test each application before applying to the entire face. A treatment for whiteheads will take from 2 to 3 weeks to see fundamental changes in the skins condition. Immediate changes such as lessening of redness, size of pimples and some complete disappearance of whiteheads should occur within a few days.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

the wrinkles under the eye is more due to the strain by the eye, always watching tv or working on computer can lead to this. take a break of 5 minutes and if you can put a tea bag wet over ur eyes, just close ur eyes and relax with these bags..

If you find yourself squinting, do something about it! The crumpling affect that this has on your eyes will eventually lead to severe-looking eye wrinkles. If you are squinting because your lighting is not bright enough then change it until you feel comfortable; if it is too bright then wear shades. If you simply can't see properly, then get your eyes tested and stop making it so hard for your eyes to see! sunkan

4. kavana

kavana New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for so many tips for dark circles.

5. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

dear sunkan,that was wonderful information about dark circles and skin care.In my younger days,i used to use cold tea bags(used of course),have you heard of such a thing?I continue to have dark circles thanks to my stessful job ,but I dont bother anymore.I think i look intelligent with them,ha ha ha.humera

6. Manisha_roy

Manisha_roy New IL'ite

i found this article very useful..thanx

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

what u say is true but taking care has nothing to do with age one can always take care yes when i say tea bags i meant as used ones, we used to throw in to the rose bush to help it rejuvenate...sunkan

8. sarkri

sarkri New IL'ite

thank you very much sunkan for useful information :bowdown

i am using cucumber juice for cleansing face at home.in office i dnt use anything simply wash face three times. let me get a deep pore cleanser and try . let me continue with tat and see the effect

thanks a lot sunkan

9. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

Thanks sunkan for your reply.

Anyhow i dont eat much spicy food only sometimes i take it. Then also will try to cut down the spicy items.

Regards
    Prachi

10. viji_bit

viji_bit New IL'ite

place the cucumber slices on the eyes and take after 30 min.first of all sleep for atleast 8 hrs and u wont get any dark circles.