1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home maker vs Working woman- Who is Great? and Who do you like to be?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Keet, Feb 1, 2015.

Who is great? Home maker or Working Woman

1. Homemaker

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Working Woman

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Both are equal

68 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

My personal experience is that it does not matter, if the relationship is good. If the relationship sucks, nothing gives joy. I did not want to be a SAHM because I have seen how well my mom who is a SAHM was treated. But I am not at all a SAHM and I have not got any better treatment. Yet, I cannot even think of being a SAHM because I am not allowed to and even if I were given that choice, I would not prefer to be like that because my life would be hell being financially dependent on someone else. If everything was all right, I would probably be a SAHM, because I find joy in looking after my kids and the house too. But the fact, the world does not value SAHMs any more. Money has acquired more value than anything. Even if there is no opposition, it is always good to be self-reliant nowadays. This is not about who is greater, it is about adapting to the times. As long as people don't realize that being a mom and homemaker is also a tough job, being a SAHM is disadvantageous.

sslkgpaa and cheenu123 like this.
  2. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

I don't think the dilemma is about being a SAHM or not, it is about excelling in either cases. If you are a SAHM, you got to do it in such a manner that on the home front, your spouse cannot complain on you and if you are a working woman you have to be flexible about your job choices, get a lot of money, maintain your body at the same time and the kids and husband. So, you have to be super good at both. I think being a woman itself is a tough job - we are only supposed to take pain and suffering and give happiness, that is how society defines an ideal woman.

sslkgpaa likes this.