1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home made remedies care for falling hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by shettyvasundha, Jul 19, 2012.

1. shettyvasundha

shettyvasundha New IL'ite

The best way to avoid or stop hair fall is oiling the hair.
    However use only natural oil avoid perfumed oils. The application of oil with a right massage helps to stimulate blood circulation to the hair follicles.

Oils have their own particular benefits and properties - you can choose the one which is easily available.

Always warm the oil and then apply with a piece of cotton by sectioning the

hair.

Olive oil - helps to restore the natural acid mantle of the scalp and keeps it healthy.

Castor oil - restores the health of the hair that has suffered damage due to the use of chemical dyes, perm, lotions or over use of hair dryers.

Pure coconut oil - is the most commonly used oil in our country. It improve the texture of hair and help hair growth. A pinch of camphor added to coconut oil and applied on hair helps to prevent infections and lice infestation.

Mustard oil contains sulphur which protect the scalp from bacterial & fungal infection.

1 person likes this.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Oiling hair is the Grandma's technique to make hair healthy. You can turn your hair from dry to dramatic with the useful hair oiling.

Thanks for sharing the tips.

3. nikk23

nikk23 New IL'ite

Very good suggestion.I also put coconut oil before shampoo but sometime in busy schedule we forget it.I am agree with this that oiling your hair is remedy to reduce hair fall and to make it healthy and bouncy.

Thanks for sharing.

4. shreyasingh

shreyasingh Bronze IL'ite

Home made remedies are cool! But in my opinion... because of today's extreme conditions and pollution, your hair demands more....much more. A good shampoo is a must and regular spa is also what you need. Apart from this try using hair mask at home. Leave-in conditioners are also good to use. You can go for HairX Daily Care Leave in Conditioner. That's quite good. Yeaaahhh.....olive oil and coconut oil also strengthens your hair.

5. akilaramesh

akilaramesh New IL'ite

hi ladies,

curry leaves or "kariveppilai" is a great booster of hair growth, even though it might not show immediate results, it will definitely boost healthy hair growth in the long run. in fact my cousin used to drink kariveppilai juice and my daughter has started eating them without wasting:) this is an age old technique

6. nithyabhaskar

nithyabhaskar Gold IL'ite

I agree with all the suggestions. Oiling is the most important thing for hair growth along with intake of food specially curry leaves. the oil prepared with curry leaves promotes hair growth and turns hair black.

I apply oil twice a week before going to bed. and take hair bath with shikakai powder next day. Really hair is soft and healthy.

7. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

If your mother always insisted you to have BEANS for your meal, then she was right. Beans are rich in protein, iron, zinc and biotin, which help in hair growth and help fight hair brittleness.

Is your hair brittle?

Attached Files:

8. sankargeethu

sankargeethu New IL'ite

Let me try these ...

9. pushpaprashanth

pushpaprashanth Senior IL'ite

Just moved to Singapore from US. All of a sudden, I am starting to lose so much of hair that its started to scare me. I just run fingers through my hair and a bunch comes out:) I tried both HImalayas and Loreal shampoo, but no good. Does C0-wash shampoos work? Experts, please help!!!

10. himalipatel

himalipatel Senior IL'ite

To curb hair fall, you need to include a few basic practices into our routine along with the treatments that you adopt for better results. Here are these little things that will help.
    • Be gentle with wet hair. Avoid rubbing your hair dry and also avoid combing through wet hair. Your hair is more susceptible to breakage when wet and the result will a a clump in your brush and stray strands at your feet.

• Massage your scalp region as frequently as you can. This stimulates flow of the blow of your head which in turn promotes the growth of hair and better health.

• Don’t always opt for styles that require you to tie your hair up tight. As sleek and fashionable as this may look, it puts a great deal of pressure on the hair which adds to the breakage and hair fall.

• Hair styling is essential when you step out. You need to look good at all times in today’s world. But it is necessary that you submit your hair to as less of heat treatment as you can! The heat tends to dry the shaft out making it dry and frizzy which over a period of causes the hair to brittle. The ultimate result will be hair fall.

• Do not wash hair with hot water for the very same reason, always use cold water or water at room temperature. Dry and frizzy hair when you walk out of the shower is the indication that the water was too hot for your hair.