1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home Made Facials!

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by littledaisy, Aug 11, 2012.

1. littledaisy

littledaisy Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Require some tips for making good face packs at home. I usually use everyuth home facial or multani mitti pack whenever I need to do a facial at hoem but require some good suggestions may be using some fruits or veggies.

Also, can we store these fruits/ veggie facials or whenever we need to apply it, we should prepare it there and then and use it....

Thanks in advance!

2. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

You cant prepare by using vegs/fruits and preserve in advance. They are all "then & there" use types.

Powder 1 tsp of oats in mixie and mix with sufficient quantity of curd and then apply as face pack. That will give excellent result. Try and let me know.

2 people like this.
  3. Arshi09

Arshi09 New IL'ite

This recipe of facial seems interesting.....is it for a specific skin type plus this pack is a glow fack or overall moisturising pack?

Have also heard about orange peels which can be dried and powdered and kept for future uses mixing them with either water or rose water....

4. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Oats pack is for fairness with shining. Specially for dry skins and normal skins. But not Oily skin.

Orange mask is for oily skin, for fairness and glowing...

5. Cindrella2012

Cindrella2012 Silver IL'ite

Hey gal... Go for milk + banana.. its very efficient for face glow... You can also add some extra fruits like papaya or apple and make it more ravishing!!!

Milk + lemon is my high time favorite.. I have been using this for almost 5 months now and I would say am completely spell bound by its results.. clears off all ugly marks and pimples.. and adds a natural glow to your face..

u can dab just some coconut water or milk from coconut.. it hydrates face..

lemon juice + tomato juice - effective tan remover and lemon of course is a natural bleach..

cucumber + lemon + carrot - just puree them and make a paste.. dab it on face.. you will keep thanking me for its results :D

orange is very effective for face brightening... you can also use orange juice as toner as it reduces pore size..

Apple alone can be used to control oiliness on face..

This is so far as I follow.. And gal keep in mind these facials must be done freshly each time.. Dont overstore it as it might lose its efficacy.. You can store for max 2 hours in fridge and use it as it will provide a cooling effect but dont store..

Hope it helped you!!!! ATB!!

5 people like this.
  6. VrittiK

VrittiK Senior IL'ite

Hi,

You can try this:

Rose Face Mask:

This mask, based on roses, is perfect for balancing out the oily and dry areas of your skin.
    Ingredients:
    1. Optional: 6 fresh rose petals
    2. 2 tbsp rosewater
    3. 1 tbsp natural yogurt, room temperature (not low fat or non-fat)
    4. 1 tbsp runny honey (to get honey runny, you can warm it in a microwave for a few seconds).
    Preparation:
    1. Soak Rose petals, and then crush them in a bowl.
    2. Add the rosewater, yogurt and honey.
    3. Mix well and apply to the skin.
    4. Leave on for 10 minutes.
    5. Rinse.

1 person likes this.
  7. aara

aara Gold IL'ite

Hi Cindrella2012 ,
    Thanks for your wonderful tips.Do you use Lemon+milk on daily basis or once in a week?

8. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Yeah Lemon and milk pack seems to be best treatment for my skin too.....

I wanted to ask the same thing which aara has asked....shd we use this pack on a weekly or daily basis?

Also, what if irritation occurs after applying it?

9. Cindrella2012

Cindrella2012 Silver IL'ite

Aara & Riddhima,

I use it on a daily basis... I would add a little glycerine to it for a moisturising effect.. But it's advisabele to use to it every two days or alternative days.. Once after you get deisred results you can minimise the usage.. However it's too good that am using on an everyday basis..

Since you are using lemon there will be a mild irritation on your skin.. In that case you can reduce the quantity of lemon accordingly..

And I read in a forum for this particular tip am using a mixture of Lemon + glycerine + Vitamin E oil + rose water and I would say the results are extremely amazing!!!!!Those ugly pimple marks which would take about nearly 2 - 3 months to disappear have vanished completely and am so amazed with the results... Go for it gals :D

Also please make sure you apply sunscreen before stepping out in sun.. Cause lemon makes your skin highly photosensitive.. So make it a point to dab a little sunscreen on before stepping out!!!

2 people like this.
  10. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

:yes:Banana Honey Yogurt Facial Mask- Mash a banana thoroughly and mix it with 1 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons yogurt and apply it on the face evenly. Leave it on the face till the skin absorbs. Wash with lukewarm water...