1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home Is The Heart Of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 28, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I had posted this snippet in Dec 21, 2013 and it was nominated by Viswa. I am posting again for thenewcomers to read.Added another snippet also
    Everybody knows how to build a beautiful house but only few know how to live in the beautiful house

.Home is where the heart is. Home is a place that has to be cared for, loved and appreciated. Homes are filled with memories, love and joy. Wherever we go we would like to come back to our sweet home where we find peace and happiness. It need not be a big house , even small house where everyone is loving and caring is enough. Home is where we have joys and sorrows. There is nothing better than getting into our own bed when we are physically or mentally exhausted.

Home is where we learn everything Our first experiences happens in our home. When the whole family is at home we enjoy being together, laughing and enjoying each moment. Relationships are built in the home . Till the daughters get married all our together. Once they get married then we feel something missing. But they have to go and wherever they go , even if they have a biggerhouse and all facilities better than their mother's house still they enjoy their mother's house and like to come and spend time and think of the olden times , their childhood days.

Our parents dont like to leave the house and settle somewhere else because they have sweet memories in that house. Now a days children settle abroad but parents like to stay in their own house even if one of them is not there.

Home iswhere we can be ourselves. We need not hide anything in our home and be what we are. We love our home where our feet may leave but not our hearts . When I got married we were in a Chawl.For me it was difficult in the earlier days to stay because we had toilet outside and I was not used to such a house. I had stayed in a flat before marriage. So it took me sometime to adjust. But the people there were very loving. My mother in law, brother in law, two nephews and me and my dh were there in beginning. My dh's family was a big family so for any function everyone used to come. They never used to keep a cook and all the brothers and sisters will be in the kitchen. We had so many functions in that small house, which was only one room and a kitchen and the balcony was made into a room for me and dh. There was peace in that house. Money was notkept in a cupboard but kept in a box in front of God. The outside door was always open and only closed during the night. After my marriage only we got a cupboard which was gifted by my office colleauges. There were no chairs in the house , later I got a gift from the office an easy chair, chair and a table. That time it was only Rs. 500/- for the cupboard. Slowly everyone one moved,my mil expired, the nephews got job in a different place, brother in law got married and settled separately and we also shifted to a flat later on after my son was born.

Home is not only making a place that is pleasant to the eye but also making a place that represents of who we are and what we love. Small in size, but vast in heart.

Home is the heart of life... Home is where we feel at ease, where we belong, where we can create surroundings that reflect our tastes and pleasures... Making a home is a form of creativity open to everyone." - Terence Conran

It is in our hands to make a place beautiful. The place need not be comfortable. We can make it comfortable according to our choice. Life is about the choices we make. We should have a positive attitude in every situation and try to make the best of each situation. If we leave to the youngsters to make a place beautiful they will make it beautiful by getting good furnitures, decorating the place with modern pictures, making their living room beautiful and kids room with whatever they require and also hang their kids photos from the time they are born till the present day. If left to the elders they would like have a beautiful pooja room where they can be peaceful and pray to God and seek his blessings and thank Him for the life He has given

The life we breathe is given by God. We should be thankful for that. Without His grace we cant live peacefully. So we should be happy with whatever He has given us. If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can’t buy

Many of us think that with money we can be happy. In order to fulfill our daily needs money is a must but money cannot replace relationships. . It cannot buy happiness. It cannot make us truly rich too. A truly rich man is the one whose children run into his arms

Be thankful for the bad things in life,
    f0r they opened your eyes to the good things
    you weren’t paying attention to before .
    The positive thinker sees the invisible , feels the intangible and achieves the impossible .

2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Very true ma'am....the happiness and comfort zone can never be replaced. Good share ma'am :clap2:

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You made my day with your first feedback.Thanks dear.

Adharv likes this.
  4. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

I just log in to say this.... Richness can't be counted based on the money really that's so true ma'am , missed to.mention abt it also home & family is the place where we can be ourselves.

For sure if I am.placed in ur situation with such big family :crybaby2::crybaby2: analum azhuven (will cry every day) :lol: