1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hole on the side of the teeth

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Onegoodlife, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Onegoodlife

Onegoodlife Senior IL'ite

I just noticed a black hole on the side of the teeth which already has amalgam filling. It looks like a decay. I tried calling many dentists but all the offices are closed until Thursday. Right now I don't feel any pain but don't know if I can survive until then like this without pain.

Ok I have two questions. Please help me out.

1. I am pregnant now and I don't want an x-ray to be taken. Can I get a filling without an x ray?

2. Is the procedure painful? :-( I am already worrying thinking about the procedure. :-(

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014

2. Onegoodlife

Onegoodlife Senior IL'ite

Somebody, please reply me... :-(

3. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I had the same problem with my wisdom tooth, as it was pressed against the inside of my cheeks, my dentist advised against filling that and i got it removed. But i never had any pain when i had this decay..so i think it is safe to weight till you fix up an appointment with your dentist on thursday. Even extracting the tooth is not painful, trust me becoz even i was scared to death but when they inject local anaesthesia you will feel a pressure in the gums(absolutely no pain) and was done in a minute.

Being pregnant, think twice before you get it removed becoz of the effect of LA.

ALL THE BEST.

4. droplet

droplet Silver IL'ite

Don't get worry...
    The mere of thought of getting pain makes you feel pain. So don't think about it till Thursday. I don't know the answer to your questions but want to make you feel at ease.

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hi,

If you have already visited the Dentist then am sure you wouldve found your solution..else here you go.

The hole could not necessarily be a hole or a decay. It could be something because of the amalgam filling too. So wait yet till you are clinically checked.

Next, unless its a wisdom tooth I wouldnt suggest removal of the same.
    Its not true that a dental xray should be avoided while your pregnant.. I mean its not proved anywhere.. Just that no one would want to take a chance. But then there is an option of wearing a lead jacket. Inevitable conditions do arise even for pregnant ladies and that's exactly why lead jackets were invented. Dental xrays however don't affect your reproductive organs. But if you skeptical then wear a lead jacket. Ask your dentist if he has one else go to one who has it.

Pain is normal now.. Remember you are going to deliver a life in a bit.. :) So do not get apprehensive. Do what is required to keep your teeth safe. Longer procedures that can be postponed shall be attended to later..this only because it gets uncomfortable to sit up. Thats all.

Best wishes for a safe and healthy labor and delivery.

1 person likes this.
  6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your response Drpreethis