1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hobbies you are passionate about !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Priya77, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Priya77

Priya77 Silver IL'ite

I am posting it in Married Forum as I would like to hear from married women out here.

How many of you have a hobby which you are very passionate about ?
    Like -
    Some women love cooking and take it to next level by writing food blogs and have their own websites.
    Some design clothes and have boutiques.
    Some read a lot and give book reviews and write articles.
    Some have blogs on cosmetics review , film reviews and so on ...

I am a IT professional in mid thirties. I no longer enjoy my job. I simply do it bcoz I get a decent salary and its not very hectic. And I would love to do something satisfying in my free time. But I realised I dont have any such hobby.
    I cook bcoz its necessity, I am not very fond of reading either.
    I cant sing nor dance .
    I dont like watching too much tv or movies as I have school going kid(he is pretty independent).
    So I feel so lost ! :spin

Do all of you here have some hobby which you are very passionate about ? and how did you pursue it further ?

3 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Priya,

I really did not know what hobbies I had till recent times. Earlier I used to read books, go to the gym, watch TV serials, go swimming..... Over the last two years I got onto the net into IL and discovered my interest in writing and blogging too. So I guess this is quite enough to keep me out of mischief. :-D

2 people like this.
  3. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Take interest in something which you are good at.. once u start taking interest automatically you will start doing it during you leisure time.
    I have a number of hobbies.. dont have time to pursue it

4. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Yes after reading your post i feel even i dont have a particular hobby. But time just flies , i am not idle. My husband thinks i am good at writing, and read loads of books, and enjoy cooking and appreciates me lots. He says about all this to my inlaws too. So all these are my hobby rather calling as daily chores ;-)

1 person likes this.
  5. Priya77

Priya77 Silver IL'ite

With a job in hand and a school going kid , I am busy too but off late I feel I am not very content. I feel like doing something apart from daily chores.

For instance both my hubby and kid are avid readers and they spend evenings and weekend afternoons reading. If I find something interesting I may read too but these days even that doesnt excite me ....I feel bored reading just a few pages :rant

Not sure whats going on ...

6. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am working, my passion is cooking, love to read about foods and make a new experiment...:thumbsup, Cooking turned into my passion, after marriage, bcos my hubby is Foodie :rotfl... and i am always engaged with kitchen management.

Apart from it Interior decoration (still only my sweet home:hide:) is one of my hobby...

7. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

Am passionate about languages and cultural exchanges. My hobby and my passion is to learn languages and understand and appreciate the cultural differences in different communities and the reason behind the evolution of such cultural differences.

For Eg: Why is Andhra food hot? What impact does holocaust have on Israelis today? Why are Bengalis so inclined towards music and cultural arts? - Stuff like this. I know its not typical and weird for some - but hey, its my hobby and it gives me immense satisfaction and sometimes it pays me good too.

5 people like this.
  8. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Gold IL'ite

I have been taking kickboxing classes now for about a year. one of the best things eva :)

9. Priya77

Priya77 Silver IL'ite

WOW .. thats amazing !
    I hope more replies pour in .. May be I too will find something interesting

10. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Now I am scratching my mind trying to figure out the answers. Why? MB why? I know the answer to only one of the 3.....:spin

Well my hobbies are reading, embroidery, painting and pretty much all art.

1 person likes this.