1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hobbies and Interests

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by lovinglife, Feb 18, 2008.

1. lovinglife

lovinglife New IL'ite

What are some of the things you have done to keep yourself occupied after going through a divorce or separation?

As for me, with a full time job and a little boy to take care of, I don't have much time for hobbies/activities, etc, but the days my son is with his dad, I really had to find something to do, lest I feel lonely and go crazy.

So, over the last few months, I have started volunteering at a hospital, I go to the gym at least once a week, I help out when I can, in my son's school and I teach a senior citizen's class when I can and once every 2-3 weeks, I try to go out with my friends from work, an all girls group which is a lot of fun!! I am dying to start taking a dance lesson.....will see when that can happen.

Please share your experiences....

2. itsmeteddy

itsmeteddy New IL'ite

I am really bored of sitting at home most of the time, other than work. I go to library once in a while. I dont drive yet so for me commute is the biggest problem.

But I too need to do something useful, once I get the license. I would like you to suggest how to go about volunteering in Hospital?

3. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks buddy for an interesting thread.

I have too many interests. I bubble with life, so my first interest is to live not exist. I want to live life useful to me and others.

I love gardening and I am happy that my university accomodation has given me opportunity to pursue my interest. Nature makes my happy and i am in lap of nature.

I go for walk. I have haerty laugh in morning before going for work, when I have breakfast watching America's funniest videos

I dance with with daughter, we both do so many silly things together. I love cooking, going for long drives.

When, i am at my best, i am very witty, I crack jokes, whenver I have opportunity to do so.

I love talking(that's why I am a lecturer) and interaction.pity my students who have to listen to my non-technical stuff also.

Come summer, I go for swimming.

I love to read, so before going to bed I read RD

I am movie buff, but like watching good movies, art movies, comedies, emotional like Tamanna
    I shall be joining guitar classes.

So, that's it

Love
    Ansh