1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hit by nostalgia

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by smritisinha, Aug 27, 2012.

1. gayathrivijay12

gayathrivijay12 Gold IL'ite

You made me go back to my beautiful childhood days this dull afternoon when I am still looking into my files sulkily smriti... Whenever I feel poignant about my past, a set of questions line up in my mind and haunt me recurrently..what am I upto??? Why the hell did I grow up??..How good it was to be that small shy little girl full of smiles?? Your snippet is just over flowing with love and emotions..and I can feel the pain inside as I too cherish my own trouble free childhood days. Time is really treading too fast and there is no time to sit up and think what is going on...I cannot imagine the old age of my parents...I just want them to be hale and healthy till their last breath...I am not even able to visualize a life without them and I also dont want to think about it now..
    Tears are suffice for now...Hoping to deliver a better & a peaceful life to my dearest parents in the coming days too!

1 person likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smiriti,

Very touching and scintillating narration about your childhood memories. Many times, I think if one is provided with remarkable and riveting childhood, half-battle is won as the child has all ingredients necessary to grin and bear tribulations and take it as an experience as well as remain calm and enjoy the happy moments in life and develop skills to find more of the same.

What a fabulous lesson at the end to complete this wonderful narration of childhood memories. I always believe that focus is the key in our life and if we are in pursuit of happiness, we should look for it at the right place (inside of us). We have something so powerful inside of us that could provide life long happiness and peace. In your narration you said that mother had white patches in her hair but her smile remained the same and your dad became bald but he was looking for happiness inside of your eyes. They found the key to their happiness i.e.to see their children remain happy. The true happiness is in doing our role skillfully, selflessly and lovingly with no expectations, holding everything that we have in life as a trustee and let it go when necessary, enjoy everything we have but with sense of contentment to live with or without it and aspire to do more and more with no expectations and the mindset to accept what is in store as an outcome.

We really control our happiness in the past, present and future through our own disciplines. We don't need a mirror to see how happy we are and our state of mind will reveal it to us.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  3. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Viswa Sir, I have no words. Thanks so much for appreciating my write-up. :)

4. Barnowl

Barnowl Gold IL'ite

Just read your post. Am catching up...

What beautiful thoughts you've penned down. Leaves me teary-eyed.

Parents are a different breed of people altogether. Else, how can it be explained that they keep on sacrificing all through their best years and are ready to do so through our best years as well?

In a way, i think, time tells them to slow it down and relax. And, since they are not going to listen to time when they see their 'young' (always kids for our parents) ones, time has to resort to clamping down on their movements by giving them the signs of old age.

Make no mistake, however, time knows parents are still young at heart and even the relentless force of time has to bow down in awe of and respect to parental love.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Smriti dear congrats on winning the award. I am late here. You have narrated so well and brought tears on so many eyes. Childhood is always sweet and every parent make their chidlren's childhood the best. They never expect anything from their children, they only do their duty and they are happy when their children are happy.

Hope by now your problem is solved. True there are no roses without thorns. When life gives experience then only we understand life.