History Through Looking Glass - Come and Share Educational Documentaries

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Sabitha_K, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

To keep the introduction as laconic as possible, the title says it all.Please share any educational videos/links to articles that brush our knowledge of history ( broaden it to mythology , political sciences yada yada ) and the shaping of mankind.

Would appreciate if the videos are of good quality ( preferably youtube links with no copyright infringement).Let us build pyramids of knowledge in this virtual Colosseum called IL without engaging in any civil war.

Set the Las Bolas rolling ............:thumbsup

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

I start off with my favourite genre, Genesis.Though we had several books on start of life on earth, this popular documentary hosted by William Shatner ( Star Trek's Captain Kirk) recounts the theories propounded by Erik Van Daniken ( Author of 'Chariots of the God' ).Engrossing documentary which takes us on all the mysterious places of the earth.

Link : YouTube - MYSTERIES OF THE GODS (1977) - William Shatner

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

I watched this documentary some time back and was able to fish it out on youtube today to post the link here.Dedicated to all the biblical buffs like me who yell in delight when ever Nat Geo and History Channel produce a new documentary unravelling the secrets of the Bible.Worth watching if you are interested in biblical archaelogy and how Christianity emerged.

Link: YouTube - The Gospel of Judas, the Hidden Story of the Betrayal of Christ 1/8 (Dutch subs)

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

410 AD when Rome was seiged by the Goths, is one of the most turning points in the history.Are Goths barbarians ? How did the peace-loving Goths transform to barbaric plunderers in few decades ? Engaging video which takes us to the events building up to the fall of Rome and the aftermath.If you missed it on History Channel , you better don't miss it now !

Link : YouTube - Barbarians - The Goths 1/4

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

If you have a weak heart then do not click on the link.This poignant tale takes you to those reconstruction days after the Civil War and bloody battle that shook the nation.Disturbing images and violence interspersed.Again, another History Channel production which takes you to those gory days of terror and turbulence.

Link : YouTube - Aftershock: Beyond the Civil War (1 of 9)