1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

His Parents - His Responsibility.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Parry22, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Parry22

Parry22 Silver IL'ite

I have been reading a lot of posts on this thread, and I am realizing that all of us women try so so so so so soooo hard to maintain a good relationship with our in-laws, to cook for them, care for them, clean for them, even finance them in many cases. But what do DHs do? They STILL blame us that we don't do enough !! So girls, why do we still try to appease our respective DHs and in-laws? We are brought up as independent women and many of us may not have brothers to take care of our aging parents. But why are we made to feel so guilty about taking care of our own parents when we are very well also caring for his parents?

Why does it have to be :
    My Parents - My Responsibility. His Parents - Also My Responsibility

Why can't it be :
    My Parents - My Responsibility. His Parents - His Responsibility

Any thoughts?

drdiva likes this.

2. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

I personally prefer and work towards - Parents (both sets) are our (both of ours) responsibility. It's just that when they need which one of us.

However, the responsibility we shoulder towards parents is out of natural love and affection we have towards them. Whereas, the responsibility we take up regarding the in-laws is largely a result of our love and affection for our spouse and also includes a bit of an obligation. In my opinion, this applies to both the partners, man and woman.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Madhurima21, hridhaya and drdiva like this.
  3. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

Yes it needs to change..Girls have the right to inherit property from parents..This came long back..Now is the time for the rule - Girls have the right to take care of their parents..Inlaws are the responsibility of DH and my parents are my responsibility .