Hinduism HELP!

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Collegestudent, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Collegestudent

Collegestudent New IL'ite

Hi! Im a college student taking a Hinduism class and I am doing a report/questionnaire on Hinduism and was wondering if anyone would be willing to answer a few questions for me? If something is too personal, please feel free to skip that question. I really appreciate the help! 1. How long have you been a Hindu? Has it always been a part of your life? 2. What fulfillment do you personally receive from your Hindu faith? 3. Do you find it hard to be a practicing Hindu in the Bay Area? 4. Have you ever felt pressure from older generations to be more conservative, less involved with American culture? 5. Do you find that people of other cultures/backgrounds are understanding or supportive of your faith? 6. Are there any parts of your faith that you do not particularly agree with? 7. Do you think there is any major part of Hinduism that is misunderstood by the American population at large? 8. Have you ever relied on your faith to get you through a rough patch in your life? 9. Have you ever had doubts about your religion and why you are a practicing Hindu? 10. How would you describe Hinduism to someone who knew absolutely nothing of the religion? Thanks again for taking the time to read this!!

2. garry420

garry420 New IL'ite

Well I don't even find it question since hinduism you are talking about is dogmatic thought process the real hinduism i.e sanatan dharma is beyond all this...first you need to understand there is lo9t of difference between religion and dharma..if you are interested you can equire for exact questions rather than too many at one go
    thanks and regardsgarr
    y aum brint

3. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

is it okay ..if osmeone who's born n brought up in India answers your questions?

if so...please see my answers below.

1. How long have you been a Hindu? Has it always been a part of your life?

A) 30 yrs. Yes.

--------------

2. What fulfillment do you personally receive from your Hindu faith?

A) Nothing.

--------------

3. Do you find it hard to be a practicing Hindu in the Bay Area?

A) I dont live in Bay Area...live else where in the US, but never had any problme. As such there is nothign special you need to do/practice....to be a Hindu.

--------------

4. Have you ever felt pressure from older generations to be more conservative, less involved with American culture?

A) this one is for American Born Desis i think.

--------------

5. Do you find that people of other cultures/backgrounds are understanding or supportive of your faith?

A) yes

--------------

6. Are there any parts of your faith that you do not particularly agree with?

A) dont know. i dont know wot it states in the firwst place..am Hindu just becus i was born into a Hindu family..if I were born into a Muslim family..i would have been a Muslim...

--------------

7. Do you think there is any major part of Hinduism that is misunderstood by the American population at large?

A) I dont know what American Population think. But defenetely in India, Hinduism is being taken to a new level by some organizations which is totally wrong.

--------------

8. Have you ever relied on your faith to get you through a rough patch in your life?

A) Faith ..dotn know. but i did rely on Lord Shiva...he helped.

--------------

9. Have you ever had doubts about your religion and why you are a practicing Hindu?

A) neevr thought abotu it.

--------------

10. How would you describe Hinduism to someone who knew absolutely nothing of the religion?

A) We have some more than 10,000 different Gods. Doesnt let you harm others. Lit oil lamps in the morning.

--------------

Sorry not much help if you needed answers that help you udnerstand Hinduism.... intention of my post was to provide some data for you to put some content in your project. ;-)