Hindu Deities Image on Every Religious Stuff

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by sagimom, Apr 26, 2011.

1. sagimom

sagimom Senior IL'ite

During Navratri I was putting away all the packets and cases realted to the puja and few of them had the images of our Deities. My daughter age 21 months removed the incense stick case which had the image of Lord Shiv saying "Mamma, jai jai" and kept it near the praying area.

Neither can I store the images nor I want to immerse it in waters. I feel guilty and offensive when I immerse my Deities's images in water, reasons we all know; (eco-system, municipality thrash, etc)

I've seen people stamping on the diwali fire crackers boxes which have the images of our revered Goddess, I wud pick it up, bow and take it with me.

I had been to a restaurant in Dubai and I saw the images of Lord Krishna in their menu card. Imagine how many people had touched the menu card with their dirty hands and moreover it was in a bad shape. I pointed it out to the Manager but he was blank, completely alien to the matter. Either he was a non-Hindu or cared less!!

Now tell me, how many non-hindus's religious stuff have the images of their Gods on it. Havent seen anything much, then why ours? Arent we taking ours for granted. Or We do care less?

Please let me have your views. I do not intend to offend anyone, if it hurts, I beg pardon.

Geeta

2. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi sagimom,

What ever you said i have felt many times. They put all the deities pictures in all covers, we dont feel like throwing it to trash or waste it. But no way we can store those for long time right so you can put those papers in shredder and throw praying god. Dont feel for those.
    Keep posting in IL!!!!