1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hindi Serials!

Discussion in 'TV' started by Varloo, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi folks,
    I see that many of our members watch Tamil serials on a regular basis. I watch very selected Hindi serials in Sahara One and Zee.
    One is GHAR EK SAPNA. This serial is a very different one, the theme itself is different. The story moves on in a more practical manner than the other language serials.
    The story is about a girl, who flirts with a man on her friend's wedding and he is forcibly married to her. His people hate her as his marriage has been already arranged with another girl. This upsets the engagement of his elder sister.
    The story goes fast and there is not even a dull episode. There are no villis or villians in the usual type. People turn nasty when something bad happens to them.
    Another is WOH REHNEWALI MEHLON KI. This is a bit melodramatic with a very very unusual plot. A girl finds out that her hubby has married her in the hope that she (his first wife) would die in 40 days and then he could marry his sweet heart and live happily. But destiny plays its hand and she lives beyond that and the hubbys changes for the better after that. Now the hubby dies to save his cousin brother and the story has many turns and twists. This serial has many unbelievable develpments. But okay, one can watch it.
    The one serial in Zee is BANOO MEIN THERI DULHAN. This is about an elder sister who plots to kill her step brother so that she could enjoy all her father's wealth. But this fellow's uneducated wife goes on saving him with the help of the aunt. This serial is like a thriller, you have to wait with baited breath every day. Very interesting!
    Hi gals, any one watches these or any other Hindi serials?
    These are retelecast the next day during the day time and that makes it convenient for me.

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Varloo,
    Tell me the time slot of these serials and the channels. I shall start watching and share my thoughts with you. Like you I too am bored of Abhi etc.
    Regards,
    meenu

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Meenu,
    nice to know that you are interested.
    Sahara One airs Woh Rehne wali Mehlon Ki at 9 in the night and also second time at 10.30 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon.
    Zee airs Banoo Mein Teri Dulhan at 8 in the night and second time at 1 pm in the afternoon. Do watch and let me know.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,

I think I have complained enough here about the tele serials!! I feel almost all of them are catered to kill time and you have to pack your brains safely away before watching these serials!!
    Having said all that and having groaned and moaned about them, mind you, I still watch, even if it is only for time pass!
    I get two channels at my place, Sony and Zee. This is a basic dish package offer here for which we pay extra...you pay more, you get more! After trying out Tamil and Telugu channels when my mother was with us the last time, I have opted out of them!
    As I can watch from my kitchen while busying myself with cooking etc, it is a good background to have! 'Watch' is the wrong word to use! It is like as though some company is sitting around providing some background talk and noise...I watch Banoo Mein Teri Dulhan...it was and is good in parts. Still, you cannot really give reason to the happenings in the serial..Now a days, it seems to be dragging on and I do wish they would bring some twist to the story. All said and done, the actress who plays 'Sindoora' does an excellent job, must give the devil its due..literally!! On Sony, they show 'Love Story'...which is a stylized narration and is quite good whenever I have followed it, which is sporadic. Apart from these two, I am not really following any other serials. I watch the music shows like Saregama and Indian Idol and they are really good.

L, Kamla

5. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varloo,
    I think woh rahenewali mahalon mein is somewhat similar to karam apna apna from starplus even karam apna had the similar story if the hero marries his wife will die so he marries another girl so that he can marry his chilhood sweetheart after his 1st wife death and there goes the twist and turn....I used to watch bano mein teri dulhan, but not now .I dont miss SAAS BAHU AUR SAJISH in star news .Apart from that I see Jhoom india, saregamapa.
    regards,
    latha

6. Jayani

Jayani New IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

I too watch Banoo main teri dulhan.......I started watching since I moved to US as initially I had no work and after finishing the kitchen work one day in the afternoon while i was browsing thru the channels i stopped at Zee and saw this serial and THATS IT, I got so glued to this serial now, that I go online and watch it whenever i find little time (isnt it heights of stupidity :)).......................). I know these serials doesn't make any sense and my poor hubby always tell me "oh my god, how can you watch such dumb serial??"

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla and latha,
    sorry I did not respond to you posts. Somehow missed it.
    Banoo.. is getting too dramatic now, still I watch to know what is going to happen. Now the new one I watch is Saath Saath. Rakhi is also being so melodramatic.
    When I watch Hindi serials, I guess there are only very rich industrial families living in the North. The costumes, jewels, make up and settings are so very rich, it makes me think so. There is not even a serial with a middle class back ground. All the families have sprawling bunglows or posh flats, cars and office and the dealings are only in crores. Sometimes I feel like vomitting, seeing all the glitz.
    And the dress and sarees these people wear, my God! Even grandmothers wear back less, strapless and what not. All old people have jet black hair.
    Ghar ek... is okay in the sense they do not drag an episode and you get to see happenings each day. And the story moves in a steady pace.
    There is another serial 'main aisi kyon hoon', with a somewhat middle class back ground. And a little different story line. But there is no repeat telecast for this and so mostly I miss out wtaching this.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Jayani,
    the most bozzare things happen in our movies as well as serials. Our nation cries hoarse about the western culture, but you must see the dance shows in Tamil channels. Even a Hollywood movie with a nude scene of the heroine will be less vulgar. The way they dance for sensuaous numbers in front of judges and other members of the competition is really nauseating. I don't know where Tamil culture has gone, Kalaignar tv leads in this style.
    There is a new serial starting about the Devi called Mata Ki Chauki from 9th June in Sahara One. I think that will a good relief.
    Meanwhile, do watch Banoo.. the essential part is about to come.

9. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Hi Varloo,

have you watched Vodaphone Thakathimi at Asianet? It is a very good dance program and no vulgar dresses etc. The program is very good.

About Woh rehnewali mahelon ki
    was in Star Plus before the CAS system came here. I used to watch regularly then.. after that I had stopped. The 9 o clock one is sequel of the first serial..which is the afternoon episodes. Have you seen this before when it was telecast in Starplus?
    I saw this thread only today.. Sorry for not noticing it before..

10. Jayani

Jayani New IL'ite

Hi Varloo,

Sorry to revert so late...........i was so engrossed in my gardening work and learning new recipies i didn't even bother to check this forum........so sorry again....
    Yes, I am continuously watching "Banoo......", some parts look interesting whereas some look as if its never ending hatred story......:)
    Well, I dont know Tamil so I dont watch tamil channels....good for me...:))
    But my husband knows Tamil and loves watching tamil movies and wanted to have tamil channel (as currently we dont have one...)
    The new serial "Maata ki Chauki" is going to start simultaneously in US as well.......as most serials get telecasted late in US, hence the question...
    Thanks Varloo for updating me on this....I am so lazy to browse thru online tv channels...:))