Himachal Pradesh Ladies - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by Mahajanpragati, Sep 1, 2007.

1. ashsaroj

ashsaroj New IL'ite

hi pragati yeah sundernagar is jst awesome.... how r u.????
    .. replied u late sorry bonk
    act m new to indusladies.... learning slowly about it:)

2. ashsaroj

ashsaroj New IL'ite

it felt very nice to see ur rply:)

3. krkrishnan

krkrishnan New IL'ite

Dear Sunita,
    Please tell us more about the regions in Himachal and how to reach there if possible

4. krkrishnan

krkrishnan New IL'ite

hello dear friends of Himachal,

We are from Tamil Nadu and plan to visit HP during the month of May 09 Kindly guide us and let us know the places we have to see and the routes to take. Am going with my parents, sister and her family.
    Is it ok to travel from Dalhousie, Dharmasala, Kullu Mandi, Solan and back top Delhi via train at Una
    Or do we take a train at Kalka
    Those of you from HP kindly guide us
    Thanks in advance

Chitra

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi chitra,
    most welcome to HP

from Delhi u can get a shabdi train to chandigarh.it takes 3 hrs.bus journey takes 5 hrs & normal train also almost same.u can take train till kalka which is about 30 km from chandigarh .from chd 72 km to solan & further 42 km to shimla.
    train journey is very beautiful & a fast shabdi is also available plus some tourist trains specially in summer months.the train track is more then 100 yrs old & in world heritage .
    u can go to kullu both from chandigarh & shimla(about280km).the shimla way is more pretty but its all hilly.no train this route.if u want to avoid hills then take the route from chandigarh to kullu but again half of it is hilly.
    now from kullu u can go to dhramshala which will take almost 5 hrs.
    further to dalhousie -chamba almost again 5 hrs.
    we have airstrips at kulu,shimla,kangra(dhramshala) but flights r once a week or so.the HP transport bus are available all these points plus the private bus operators & taxi operators.
    if u need any other information u can pm me or ask on this forum
    hope it helps
    pragati

6. krkrishnan

krkrishnan New IL'ite

Dear Pragati,
    Thanks for the reply.
    We leave from Delhi to Pathankot on 19 and move on to Dalhousie.
    The trip is as planned 20-22 Dalhousie,23-25, Dharmasala,25-28Kullu, 29Mandi,30 Solan as the train is on 31st morn from Kalka to Delhi.IS this realistic and feasible or do we need to make anyother changes maybe drop a few places. My brotherinlaw wants to meet a Dr. Yeshi Dhonden of Tibetian Herbal Clinic, Upper Dharmasala. He has diabetis and also my father. So he says this doc is good and thus the main reason for our travel. While there we thought we may as well see a few places now and maybe take a trip to Shimla later.
    This is just the plan that we have though our tickets are booked and confirmed. For us this travel is a huge one in terms of kms from Chennai. Please also let us know the type of clothing we need to take from here.
    Thanks in advance.
    Chitra

7. Mahajanpragati

hi chitra,
    ur plan looks good to me.u have allocated adequate days to visit each place which is good.
    regarding the doc,i have no information but just a caution.lots of foreginars visit dharamshala & its hub of drugs -herion,charas etc.so be careful.if the doc is recommonded by trustworthy people then by all means go,otherwise trust ur instinct.pls,do not let my warning spoil ur mood but just wanted u to be aware..........
    u definately should get some warm clotes & easy walking shoes.may is a hot month in north India but in HP a sudden rain can turn weather cold.so thin swaeters\shawls r good option.
    from mandi u can take two routes.one is all HP route which will pass through shimla which is place not to be missed.other is through chandigarh which again is good place...............so u decide.
    pragati

8. NikiKalia

NikiKalia New IL'ite

Hello- I am from Dalhousie and I miss my home town so much. I was in India back in Jan-09 and we had the best time ever in India.

9. Mahajanpragati

hi niki,
    welcome to ILs.wow ,it must be cold in Jan .its aways good to be at home.
    pragati

10. ushp

ushp New IL'ite

hi ladies,

its so nice to see many ladies from himachal here. i am from district una.

would love to come in this forum often and talk to u ladies.