Himachal Pradesh Ladies - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by Mahajanpragati, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

I do miss my himachal & would love to hear anyone who is from H.P or has been to this DEV BHOOMI.

2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Re: hi : is their anyone from himachal.

Hi Pragathi,

I am not from H.P, but I went for trekking to Kulu/Manali/Solang/Rohtang Pass when I was in high school through NCC. My base camp was in Patli Kuhl along the banks of Beas river. Those memories are still very fresh in my mind and that was the first time I saw snow. I remember those apple trees along the Beas river and the pretty rose bushes and the extremely softspoken nature of the natives there.

Which part of H.P are you from? I would love to know more about H.P.

Regards
    Vidya

3. Mahajanpragati

dear vmur,
    i am from solan/shimla area of H.P.but i love kullu manali.i went there with friends as u did, then felt such romantic place should be visited with someone special.so went on honeymoon with my husband,he too saw the snow for the first time.last yr we took our 2 yrs old son with us to kullu manali & went to manikaran which has a gurudwara,buddhist monastry &Temple.tillnow i have been to this place nearly 5 times but do not get bored with it.now we r planning to go again next yr when we visit india.
    well i nearly lost myself in nostalgic dreams of this place.
    bye

4. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Hi Pragathi,

I would love to visit Himachal again. You are right, you should go there with someone special. I was too young to realize that then ;-). I have seen the snow covered peaks in the US, but none of them match the beauty of our Himalayas, what do you say? It is Dev Bhoomi as you rightly put. I missed seeing Beas Kund, I heard it is a holy place, that is where Sage Ved Vyasa did his penance. I have heard of Manikaran Gurudwara. I love the colorful Kulu cap. Have you been to Dalhousie? I would also like to visit Dharamshala.

My great grandfather worked in Shimla in the 1930's and 40s and my grandmother and her sisters grew up in Shimla. She would tell us stories about how they would be soo excited to see snow in winter.

Do tell us more about Himachal. Is there any secret recipe to making that delicious apple juice?

Regards
    Vidya

5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

HI

I'm from delhi, but i have seen all the hill stations in North... i have been to Dalhousie, khajjiar, dharamshala, shimla, kullu manali, Mussourie, Nainital...

ohh they are just beautiful, i mean they are such happening places you see people all over... Mussourie being the most HIP, has a great nightlife too, with the discs coming up everywhere...

I saw snow for the first time in Rohtang pass.. ohh it was great fun

~Abha

6. Mahajanpragati

dear vmur
    yes beas khund is the place from where river beas starts,only up above it is called river parvati.
    i did three yrs of my education from dharamshala,ever sunday we ,a group of 6 would go to some tourist attraction in & around D'shala like the dal lake,the famous dalai lama monastry,chamunda mandir etc.incidently we went to kullu manali also together.oh, friends u have awaken those fond memories.thanks.
    dear abha,
    yes ,mussorie is one of the hippest hill station ,maybe because there r lots of prestigious schools/colleges in deharadun .so some hi fi people visit it after visiting their kids.
    how did u find the weather there( in mussorie).we went last sept.it was very foggy all 4 days.local says that it is same all yr.it looked romantic but a bit scary too.

7. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Hi Pragathi/Abha,

Why don't you share some pictures of our beautiful Himachal mountain ranges on IL? I have just 5 of them and they are back home in India in my parent's home.

I saw snow for the first time too in Rohtang Pass. It is beautiful isn't it? Please do share the pictures.

Regards
    Vidya

8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Ohh Vmur

sadly i cant post any pictures of my wonder years (well those really were wonder years) over here as all of those pictures are at my parents house in India...

pragati mite be having a few wth her..

9. Mahajanpragati

dear vmur,abha,
    same problem.pictures back home.
    isn't snow wonderful .one feels as if one is in some magical land.when we went to rotang ,that night it had snowed so we got to see some lovely fresh snow.thou i had seen snow many times before in shimla but each time it seems new & magical experience.

10. sunitashl

sunitashl New IL'ite

Hi this is Sunita from Bilaspur in HP. presently my husband is posted at Paonta Sahib in hp.Glad to know u.I was ooking for someone from himachal in the members list hope to hear from u BYE