1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hilarious Incidents of the Day - Write in Friends

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Feb 20, 2008.

1. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mals

This thread rocks...!

As for my share, this incident that happened a few weeks backs and just flashed my mind( thanks to Sriniketan for her driving story ). It so happened, that all the girls in my team were in a car heading for lunch. My frined drove and I was the acting navigator. Since the place was new for all of us, she clearly instructed me that I should navigate with just left and right. While we were getting ready to start, we were discussing if the first turn is right or left on the way back. She said left and I said right. The moment she started, I realised if was left. So, I yelled at her from the back - 'hey you were right' and she thought that she had to turn right and was trying hard to change lane. We all roared with laughter..!

-Gayathri.

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    As i read thru, i remembered a funny incident which happened when my sis was 7 years old .We both go to the same school.I was 6 years elder to her and i was in class 8 then.I had my cycle tests, so left early.Mom told she would drop my sis in school and go to office.Mom was hurriedly preparing the lunch(some uppma) for my sis as she was a fussy eater.Mom had chopped onions and told my lil sis to throw the onion peel in the dustbin.She promptly picked up all the slit onions and put it in the bin.Mom was running from kitchen to hall to get things ready and she came to collect the onions for the uppma and she found out only the peel was left out.
    Mom was surprised and asked my sis where are the onions, my sis, so innocenlty replied that you asked me to throw them away and i did so...My mom was laughing as well as irritated due to time constraint and she made uppma somehow and sent my sis to school that day.
    I got this narrated by my mom that evening and the entire house was laughing...Not knoing as to y pople are laughing, my sis was gigling with pride!

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Gayathriar,

Thanks for stepping in and making all of us laugh. It was very funny but at the same time very difficult when you are behind the wheels.. Good going... keep visiting this thread with more incidents and keep the fire of humour burning.

4. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

ok, I just remembered another recent incident - a few days old. I had just read about a breathing exercise in one of Dr. Deepak Chopra's books. I was sitting on the couch. My 2 year old son was besides me playing. I just wanted to practise what I read and started inhaling and exhaling out loud. I realised that I caught my son's attention when he asked me 'What are you doing amma? You are funny !?!

-Gayathri.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aishu,
    The last sentence My sister was giggling with pride was the punch line of the post. Keep stepping in with more incidents.. Thanks dearie..

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Now I remember one incident which made all of us laugh at home. I was 13 years old and was busy watching cricket on TV along with my dad. It was Sunday and my mom yelled out to me to help her in some chores. I ran to her and asked her what can I do. She had soaked Rice and Udad Daal for making Dosa. She wanted to drain the water and wash it a couple of times before she takes it to grind. The volume of the TV was loud and the commentator was saying the batsman is running between the wickets to complete the second run. In a hurry to watch the match, I picked up a vessel with the lid that reached my hand and took it to the sink. I tilted the vessel for the water to drain, all I could see some white liquid pouring gushing out. I quickly pulled up the lid only to see that the milk in the vessel had hit the bottom. My mom was a very strict disciplinarian. I was prepared for the cane.. but it all ended only with few yells. Later everyone in the house laughed it out.. That was my craze for Cricket and it is still on. No gals, I do not make such mistakes now. But even today when I open the packet of milk in the morning, I always remember this incident.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hilarious Mals.

I can relate one of my 'intelligent' answer to a question for which my great-grand pa was very much appreciative, naturally (I was his 1st great grand child)
    Read along.
    I don't remember in which std. I was studying.

They had put forth the question:
    when do we celebrate the Independence Day?
    My Ans: The date when we go the Independence!!!!!!! (Naturally)

I will come with another next time...till then see ya..

sriniketan

8. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

I feel really welcomed here in IL. Thanks a lot! And I was reminded of this incident as I was reading your post:

I was about 13yrs old and was quite innocent(well I was :wink:). I had been pestering my mother to bake me a chocolate cake. That day I came back from school and saw a beautiful dark brown cake that simply looked delicious. Jumping with joy I went ahead and tried to break a piece off the cake only to find that the cake piece crumbled a bit in my hand. As I didn't want to hurt my mom by passing comments, I went ahead and put it in my mouth only to realise that there was absolutely no taste! In fact it was bitter! :confused2: I spat it out and asked my mom, "Amma did something go wrong with the cake you baked?" And amma asked me, "What cake?" I pointed to the one lying on the kitchen countertop and narrated what had happened. Looking at that Amma burst out laughing and she kept laughing till there were tears in her eyes. Then she told me, "Thats no chocolate cake! Its the used tea that I had saved up for conditioning my hair! It just took the shape of the vesel it was in and so ended up looking like a cake!". I still go :oops: whenever this incident is recounted!

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hi Everyone,

Today my son was being told by his teacher that he needs to study, do his home work as mama says till he becomes 'smart, smart,smarter and smartest'. He thought for a moment and quipped "when do you think I will become smartest". while I burst out laughing, his teacher ofcourse had to find words and explain!

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Girlie, you proved to an intellectual yaar.. At that age, I was struggling to remember what I have read before I give any answer. A one liner, but will remain in my memory every Independence Day.. Good, One. Thanks love, for sharing the laughter. Do keep returning to this thread. We are all waiting for your post. I have told everyone in office about your son's "Neck Attack" during our tea break in the morning. Ha ha ha.. still laughing.. he he..