1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hilarious Incidents of the Day - Write in Friends

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Feb 20, 2008.

1. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Hiya Mals,

I do not know if this qualifies as hilarious. It certainly made me laugh.

OK so there was this overweight Chinese lady who huffed & puffed into the train carriage that was about to leave the station.

She got in. glared at a poor soul who gave up his seat for her. She then snored away. Came Caulfield & when the train left the station, she started to pound on the door to the train driver's cabin.

The door was opened & the train driver came out. This lady wanted the train to be taken back as she had to get down at Caulfield.

It was funny watching this lady yell & scream in her Mandarin accented English & the Train driver trying to explain why the train cannot be taken back.

10 agonising minutes later, her cell phone rang. She answered it & the train driver ran back into his cabin. As for the lady, she still continued her conversation on the cell for another 20 minutes!

That was how my morning started.

Regards,

Corallux

2. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

This is a wonderful thread! I just wanted to post some funny incidents I remember.

This happened when my brother started going to school.........the incidents are more than 15y ears old but it still has us in splits whenever we think about this.

It was the first time my brother had written exams(they didn't have exams in kindergarten at that time). He came back home only to be confronted by my mother. My mother, knowing his playful nature, wanted to know if he had written anything at all. Here is their dialogue(translated into english):
    Ma : Kanna, did you write your exam?
    Bro: Yes I did.
    Ma : So were there any questions you couldn't answer?
    Bro: Yes.........
    Ma : How many?
    Bro: About 6 or 7.
    Ma : Ok, so how many questions did they ask?
    Bro: 9 or 10.
    !!!!! Hearing this I rolled aroundBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

2nd incident:
    My brother had been given his report card and he came home smiling mischeivously. My dad was there at home that evening. I gave him my report card and my dad asked my brother for his. As my brother was fetching his card, my dad asked him what rank he had got. And my brother promptly said "I got 2 first ranks!". Perplexed, my dad opened his report card only to see he had got the 11th rank! My brother's perspective of putting things had us in splits!

There is another funny inciden that happened with my nephew. My nephew was about 6 years old. His mother(my aunt) rarely wears a saree and wears salwars most of the time. One day they(my aunt, uncle and nephew) were getting ready to go for a wedding and my aunt wore a saree. My nephew seeing his mother in a saree after a looooooong time exclaimed, "Amma you have become a woman!". Till date we laugh till our sides ache whenever we recall this incident.

3. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Mals

Being modest :)

I have a fantastic memory for faces and names ... if not anything else !!!!

thats why..

cheers
    Bhooma
    ps: should be in amchi Mumbai sometime next month... will PM you when I decide on the dates ... lets see if we can meet ( I stay in chembur).

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

We will meet up dearie... But I will never be able to forget the swimming incident.. He he..

5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi Malspie,
    thanx for ur comment..s,poor driverBig Laugh

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Bhooma

Good one

7. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear malspie,

this was the incident which makes me laugh even to this day....................
    thanks malspie................ for starting a thread like this..................as. laughing is a good exercise for everyone.

7 years back my dh and myself went to sil's place near trichy.
    my husband asked me whether i know riding 2-wheeler..........

i told him "yes i learnt it during my college days", i am not sure of riding well, but i can manage darling"
    ........so..........we found a two-wheeler(TVS-champ)......... then he said "padu you ride and i ll sit behind you" , i said ok and started the bike.............the bike went in such a speed, my dear hubby knew something was wrong and told "padu, dear, hold the brake, hold the brake",
    me, dear padu asked him" where is the brake darling" and i was holding the accelerator
    Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh, somehow he stopped the vehicle by holding the brake with great difficulty, sitting behind me...........but chooo sad his right foot big toe started bleeding, he has used his foot also to stop the bike..................
    my hubby "this is the way you have learnt bike :eek:mg:, brake enge irukkun kooda theriayam vandi oti irruka"
    so even to this day he doesn't allow me to take the 2-wheeler though i can ride very well.....................

thanks a lot for making me laugh today
    love
    padma

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Corallux,

What a ruckus the lady created and how dumb can a person be? Such incidents upset us at the start of the day but later we all recollect it and have a hearty laugh. It was of course hilarious dearie. In Mumbai, one can see more such morons everyday. As I recollect, i will keep posting it here. Do step in with more such hilarious incidents of your life. Life is to make people laugh.. he he.. hi ho he..

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

A welcome to the site and a cute smile from malspie for stepping here and sharing such wonderful incidents of your life. My jaws are aching as I cannot stop laughing. I liked all the three incidents but the cake goes for your nephew for the remark "You have become a woman now". With so many funny bones in the family, life must be definitely a jolly ride. Thanks once again for sharing it with us and do remember to return to this thread with more such incidents.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Padma,

Thank your stars for having someone who can ride a two wheeler as the pillion rider. Imagine, what would have been the situation if the coin was turned... God, saved both of you. Poor husband, he injured his toe too.

I like the way you asked him, "Where is the brake"?. I cannot type anymore, eyes are filled with tears laughing to glory.. hi hi hi... Big LaughBig Laugh

Do step in again .. this thread belong to each of you......