High school reunion....dreading about it..

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by anika987, Feb 1, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have been terribly bullied during my high school days.iam now in a good place.i live in usa with my lovely family and have some decent people around me.
    i did not let go of myself physiclaly,tried my hand at a career,travelled much and so on.overall a good life.i am in India right now for a vacation.a school friend of mine with whom i have contacts has added me to a watsapp group which consists of all my high school classmates.they talk,tease each other just like 1996.some have not changed.two of them teased me the same way they did twenty years back.not overly but yes.I just cannot seem to relate myself to them and i never want to visit my past.

now,they are having a high school reunion and am invited.i really do not want to go.the problem here is,maybe they have changed or not..the only image i have of them is twenty years back and they have of me is twenty years back.
    one of them asked me"hey! do u know to cook?"..i asked"yes why?"..she said"no no..u do not know all these things na".i am in my mid thirties and a mother and she is asking me if i know to cook or not!! in sense...she thinks am like how i was in 1996.

is it a good idea contacting them?

have u seen"romy and michele high school reunion?" i feel like that.have u met ur high school buddies and maybe sometime like movies they have become a really good person?

2. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

As you are already here I think it better to meet them. Unless you meet you will also have preconceived notions about them. Everyone evolves but at different pace and direction.

How long will it last anyway? Whether you enjoy or not this will be an experience.

1 person likes this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

I suggest you go and attend the reunion with confidence, now you are not that 20 years back girl, let your friends know what you achieved in life & how confident you are, it gives a chance to remove all misconceptions between you & your friends.....

1 person likes this.