High BP for husband, will it affect TTC?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rainy, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Rainy

Rainy New IL'ite

Hi every body i m new to this forum .im 23 yr old and we r planning for children but 2 mnth back my hubby was suffering from high bp and on doctors prescription he is using tablets( exforge 5mg/160 mg and concor5)
    now my doubte is can we plan for children . these tablet will affect for planning

pls give me the back up, im eagerly waiting.

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rainy,

All the best for TTC. I am not sure about this medicine, but it is very vital that we are stress free 100% while TTC. So ensure you and your DH do some meditation or morning walk that will help you to get the BP down. Also please check if you can TTC while he is on medicines. I feel initimate IC will actually help bring his stress levels down. All the best dear once again. Nothing to worry, you are just 23 you have ample time. Take all medical opinion and decide.

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rainy,
    Welcome here...

I too don't have much idea on those medication & the effect of BP in male fertility. Try all cautious steps to help him in high BP.

Stay cool. You are very young. Don't worry much & increase your stress. Stay positive.

Take care.
    Baby dust to you.

4. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Rainy,

Medication for BP should not ideally affect TTC. Even my dh had high BP earlier , so I had asked my doctor the same question. She asked me not to worry about that and carry on. I made some modifications in the diet , reduced salt wherever possible , added more garlic in the food. High BP can be contolled naturally also very well - my friend suggested this - chop garlic finely and soak it in thin buttermilk overnight and give it to him in the morning. It has tremendous benefits. I saw it myself in my husband.

Please do not worry about this and cause stress. Relax and spend quality time and when you are with him , make sure he is relaxed. All the best.

5. Rainy

Rainy New IL'ite

Hi every body

thanks for all of u for ur advice and support....:)