High BP during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by chaitanya01, Jun 12, 2010.

1. chaitanya01

chaitanya01 Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Im in my 11th Week of my Pregnency., but my BP is 130/85. Doctor has told that my BP is at higher side.,

Doc, has told me to go for a 2nd scanning in another 3 weeks, so that she will come to know the growth of the Fetal.

I need your valuable advice to get my BP normal.

Please friends advice meeeeeee., im a bit tensed about my BP. except BP, every thing is normal for me.

2. rv8

rv8 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chaitanya,

RELAX!! First of all, hearty congrats on your pregnancy..

Your tension is only going to increase your BP... Stay calm first and keep telling yourself that everything is alright and your baby is going to be just fine.. :thumbsup

I have no first hand knowledge about high BP during pregnancy, but the following tips can definitely help you out, no harm in trying..

1. Reduce the salt intake. This is very much a common first step in case of high blood pressure.

2. Do not eat pre-packed, processed food. Food items like Pizzas, pickles, burgers, fries have a lot of salt and oil, so it is better to avoid them as much as possible during the pregnancy.

3. Come back to the first word of my post.. Relax! Try listening to mild music. If you are a spiritual person, listen to lot of devotional songs that calms your mind and body.

You can also try meditation; it works wonders..

Hope this helps.. Stay positive, be happy and enjoy your pregnancy! :thumbsup

3. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

First of all congrats on your pregnancy!

Dont panic,I had high BP too(150/90 on 2 readings) and hence was taking tablet,I also had GD and still had a normal delivery and a very healthy baby.

Ok let me come to the matter first avoid eating outside foods,then totally avoid chips(i got BP because of it only),pappad,pickle and other foods high in salt and even ones made in maida,but dont avoid salt totally because it is important too.I saw a very big difference when I went for 15 mins walking after having food,it definately calms you.Do whatever you like,I like looking at my dres collections though it sounds silly I did that too to reduce my BP,I also listened to lot of songs.Good luck and dont get tensed!

4. chaitanya01

chaitanya01 Senior IL'ite

Thank you Dear for your Valuable Suggestions............

i will definetly take care of my BP.

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

There is not much that can be done to reduce gestational hypertention.I had it during both my pregnancies along with Gestational diabetes.Though I could control GD through diet and exercise,hypertention is not that easy to control.The best thing to do is not to think about it whenever you go for BP check.Walk for 30 minutes daily,control salt and fried stuff intake.If BP is high next time too,the doctors will put you on BP tablets and try to maintain your BP as much as possible.Once you cross 36 weeks,they will try to induce labour.This is all that will happen,so cheer up.Don't think about it!

6. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

take care of your diet, to avoid complications in pregnancy that can occur with high BP in pregnancy..

7. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

chaitanya,

Congrats ! To y'r query - Reduce y'r salt intake and see if BP gets better. Any processed food has a high content of salts. So, it's better to avoid them as much as possible. Next, even home made pickles, papads have a high salt content. Exercise caution while consuming them.

All the best for y'r pregnancy.