Hi y'all, May mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Lavanya, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

I have been feeling my baby's hiccups more often now - anyone experienced similar scenario? Its kindda funny and at the same time a bit uncomfortable to feel it - especially if I'm trying to sleep and the baby is not! :lol:

-L.

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Yes,Lavanya,it is quite funny and sometimes irritating too:spinIt looks like we have no control over our own body when the baby has hiccups.I used to go for Non-stress tests twice a week from my 33rd week (due to high BP) and during these tests,the baby used to have hiccups.It used to be very uncomfortable.Big Laugh

3. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My classes are conducted by my hospital itself where I have registered for child-birth. They are not by private people, but by nurses who work in this hospital and help with the delivery. So most likely I will have one of these nurses assisting in my delivery too. My Ob-gyn strongly recommends it.

I have not heard about baby hiccups. How do they feel? How do I know when my little one hiccups?

Take care.

4. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Sunitha - nice to hear that you had weird feeling during hiccups too. Sometimes I feel like knocking on my belly and telling my baby just stop that, you are annoying me now!!!

Geetha - most often I've felt hiccups only when I suddenly sit or lie down after walking for a while or doing work for a while - change in position does definitely start some weird movements in your baby. I feel the hiccups like pulsing fast and continous jerks in just one spot on the abdomen. But this spot can be in different location depending on the position of your baby. Supposedly their lungs are taking in amniotic fluid and also getting ready to use inspiratory muscle post partum so they experience hiccups. My friend experienced more when she was pregnant with her boys rather than with her girl - though that doesn't neceesarily warrant anything.

-L.

5. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Hope all mom n lil one are doing fine..

So ,less than two months left and we all be having our lil one in our arms..

Last saturday I went to my Gynae for routine check up.. actually i have changed my Gynae , as I need to see that new gynae in the hospital where I will be delivering..so this was the first visit with my new gynae..It was good..all went well..

She checked for my weight ,BP, pulse rate etc.. Also..she did my Glucose test and checked for my sugar level.. everything was normal..BP n sugar both were under control..

Did few other test as well , for that I will be getting report next time..Now it's fornightly appointment with gynae till 36 weeks..

Also, she did the detailed scan of my baby.. scan took around 45 mins to an hour..but I must say I was happy with the scan..doc checked every single thing for baby..right from counting baby's fingers, toe,arms, legs, thighs, abdomen, brain n heart functioning and she also checked for the number of valves in heart..

Baby weight is around 2.20 kgs..

Rest all okay.. Take care n luv to lil one's

I am feeling baby hiccups for last few weeks..It feels like bubbles in water..

Hey all..What's the update from your end?? anything new..
    Pooja

6. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pooja,
    Glad to hear that all your tests went well. You must be enjoying the count down. Have fun.

Hi Geetha,
    We went to the labor/delivery class last weekend - it was very informative - since it was an intensive 1 day class, it was a long day but we learnt a lot. One of the nurses who works in the same hospital taught that class. It gives a sense of reality to the coach (spouse/significant other). It also guides them and tells how they can anticipate certain things and why they should be patient with pregnant women and how to incorporate relaxation for both partners. If you have any medical queries or those related to hospital procedures, they try to answer those too. On the whole it was totally worth it.

-L.

7. geeta_sathish

Hi Lavanya,

Thanks for the explanation on baby hiccups. I have been experiencing it regularly now, without knowing that my baby is having hiccups. We have also decided on taking childbirth classes in April. We would also mostly go for the weekend class only, because weekday classes get completed on April 24th which might be too close to the due date.

Had severe stomach cramps for about an 30 minutes last night (around 1.30 AM) and got very scared. Was wondering if I should call the doc, but tried some home remedies and it became normal. Have doc's check-up tomorrow. Have to check with her as to why it suddenly happened. Will give the rest of the updates after the appointment.

Hi Pooja,

Very happy to note that you like your new doc and that your scan went well. Yes, you are very right, as days go by I too am getting very impatient to see my baby.

Take Care, rest well, eat well and relax.

8. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Geetha,
    Hope those cramps weren't anything to worry about. They did tell during that class that such occurences are common as the days go by as the expanding/stretching uterus naturally pulls back to contract a little every now and then. They can also be Braxton-Hicks contractions which lasts for different duration for different women and generally go away when you change positions, eat or drink or lie down and relax. As long as these are not prolonged and as long as they are accompanied by bleeding you should not worry. Hopefully your doc will say the same too. Will wait to hear from you.
    -L.

9. geeta_sathish

Hi Lavanya and Pooja,

Hope you both and your babies are doing well.

Had doc's appointment this week, checked with her and she says everything is fine.
    Had gained two pounds in two weeks, which she said was good (as I have a record of gaining more weight in the last few months, than was adviced..).

Next appointment is after a fortnight - in beginning of 36th week and after that she said it will be weekly appointment. My Ob-Gyn also suggested that I have a scan during my next appointment to check on the growth of the baby. Am very excited at the prospect of seeing my baby again.

Started shopping yet?

Hope you both are getting enough rest and are having a good time. Praying that god be with us and our babies.

Take care.

10. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi Dear..

Nice to hear from you..

Yes dear..baby n me both are doing well..

Good to hear that everything is going fine.. Touchwood n God bless ..

You are in which week of pregnancy.. I am in my 33 week and having an appointment next week ..fortnightly only..

In my last week doc told me to reduce my milk intake as I am putting lot of weight.. Lets see what she says this time.. he he ..

I know ..it is such a nice n beautiful feeling to see your lil one inside you..It makes you feel complete..you get so much attached to the lil one..

I have started with Shopping ..everytime we visit any mall here.. me n my hubby just can't resist visiting baby showroom n end up buying something for baby.
    We have a babycare festival in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>singapore</st1:place></st1:country-region> for three days ..yesterday we went there and bought two three dresses for baby ..caps n booties..

You too take care n luv to baby ..

Happy Holi to you ..