Hi y'all, May mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Lavanya, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    First of all thanks a lot for such a warm welcome..!!

I am in my 30th week now..Everything going good..

Right from baby movements to baby's growth..I feel baby moving, jumping n kicking entire day..whenever my hubby speaks to baby..baby starts kicking more..

So far I am able to eat possible everything..I have put lot of weight also..But never mind for weight gain.. If baby is healthy..

Got almost all my test done..As well as Tetanus Injection dose..

But my Gynae has not done Glucose tets for me..I asked for that she told me there is no history of
    any diabetes or High BP in your family..

Secondly,my weight gain, baby growth, baby movement n placement all are going fine..

Thirdly..we have not found any kind of symptons which affects you baby ..

About the labour n delivery..you can go for epidural..it is a safe option..and you don't have to bear that much pain also..

My doc has advised me few exercises..which I am doing for last one month..Along with this 15-30 mins walk in a day..Also..try doing deep breathing..it helps to relieve the muscles..

Take care n enjoy your pregnancy...

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,
    Thanks for the info. I realize that "ignorance is bliss" and most often people work themselves up more than what they should because of all this information that's out there.

Hi Geetha,
    Most women I've spoken to tell me that episiotomy isn't a big issue... so do not worry about that if they have to do it inorder to help the baby come out easily... after all we have to trust our docs to know better than we do. My ob prefers elective C-section because its convenient and less stressful for everyone involved and moreover the babies are always bigger nowadays... but that's also partly due to the training they receive in this country to keep an open mind set. Anyway I haven't decided either way as its still a long way and we just have to wait and see how things progress.

My weight gain is not too great... but my doc doesn't think its a major issue as I've always been a small person to start with. I'm still going in for visits every 3 weeks. I think only after 32 weeks it gets changed to every 2 week visit. I haven't started any special exercise other than my regular walks. I've always walked/run regularly so now that has changed to a more slower paced walk because of the baby.

I'm still not done with all my tests yet - they want to run some more detailed tests as the results are above normal for me. So hoping that this time the results will come out okay and they'll just leave me in peace.

Hi Pooja,
    Glad to hear that you are doing well. My only suggestion will be to get a second opinion on doing glucose tests. There need not be any history for a mother to show gestational diabetes - it is one of the most common disorders and affects about 7% of all pregnant women irrespective of their race. Also symptoms cannot be clearly differentiated from basic pregnancy symptoms, so one should not just rely on symptoms but must base diagnosis of blood tests. But if you have immaculate trust in your doc then please don't try to second guess him/her. The reason glucose test is highly emphasized here is because of the complications that can arise to both mom and baby and also to prepare oneself for precautions to be taken immediately after birth. Especially because some infants exposed to extremely high glucose need special care after birth to make sure that their insulin levels are working well. Please do not get alarmed after reading my message - I'm only telling why that test is essential for any pregnant women according to World Health Organization standards.

Hope you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy - try to enjoy every moment because before you realize you'll have someone totally dependent on you for at least a few years to come - which is of course a different kind of enjoyment.

-L.

3. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Thanks Lavanya..

I have an appointment with my doc next week..May be I will again confirm with her this time..

When doc have already done so many test, why to miss another one for safety of baby..
    Hav you all started keeping track of the baby kicks??
    Take care
    Pooja

4. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pooja,
    Hope your doc visit goes well. I have been feeling kicks from my 4th month, though they are getting stronger as the days go by. Its a weird and different feeling but feels nice though. My DH is sometimes scared to watch the strong turns and movements :-D. Have you started on your baby shopping list? In S'pore do you have to name the baby and register before you leave the hospital premises?

-L.

5. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am 27 weeks pregnant.my due date is JUN 5
    Thank u Lavanya for the information abt glucose test. Tomorrow i have an appointment for glucose test. From now onwards Dr told me to visit every 2 weeks.......

Am feeling v good these days...my baby started kicking from 4 1/2 month.
    :party
    Have a wonderful time ladies,

Vidisha

6. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidisha,
    Welcome to motherhood. Hope you have a wonderful and memorable time. Good to hear that you are feeling good. Be happy and try not to stress about trivial things. To me health is of utmost importance and hence sometimes I just literally break my head trying to think about all the possibilities and options that are available to me. Please do take blood pressure and blood glucose as serious topics to think about and as always "prevention is better than cure". So try to eat healthy and be happy.
    -L.

7. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi Lav,

My last appointment was okay..Doc just checked the baby position, BP etc..I have appointment this week..actually I changed my gynae because I was referring to private Gynae and hospital which we have decided for delivery..she don't visit that hospital.. But I am okay with that.. lets see how my appt will go with my new gynae..

Even i started feeling baby's kicks from 4th month but now they are very strong and visible as well..once can see tummy moving ..it's fun !!

We bought few clothes for baby full suits n rompers etc,blanket, sleeping mat .. other things we are planning to get this or next month beginning..bottles, diapers n so onnn.. i think list is endless..

Yes.. I think so because when we went for hospital tour, they told us to register baby within 14 days.. but name to be given on the day baby is born..
    What about you?? How are things at your end ??

Take care

8. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Dear Sunitha / Lavanya / Pooja,

Thankyou for giving me back the confidence that episiotomy is nothing that cannot be managed. As you rightly said, the more I learn about all this, the more scared I get. Thats the only reason why I am still undecided if I should register for child birth classes or not.

I am asking all my friends who have babies about this, so I will ask you in this thread:

1. Did you attend child birth / lamaze classes before your first delivery?
    2. If so, did you find them to be useful at the time of labor?

My Ob-Gyn is suggesting that I take it up, she says that people who attend these classes are a lot less tensed when they come for delivery. Do you think it will freak you up or does it feel better because you know what to expect.

Lavanya - Do you plan on taking these classes?

Pooja - Do they conduct such classes in Singapore? About your question - Here in the US, they ask us to give them the name of the baby before getting discharged from the hospital (Hospital stay will normally be for 2 days in case of normal delivery and 4 days in case of C-Section.)

9. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi Geetha..

Good to see you happy...!!
    I think it's same with everyone..you feel more scared after watching those deliveries..

This is my first child..Till now I have not attended any classes..My Doc just advised me few exercises to be done on regular basis..apart from that normal walk n active daily routine..Do Breathing exercises it helps ..
    My gynae will be conducting few classes on labour stages, breathing n how to push baby.. so possible I will attend it.. Apart from this I have not enrolled myself..

It totally depends on whether to go for it or not..I don't think these classes are going to harm you in any way..They will help you to get familarise with the entire thing..If you are sitting at home and not working why don't go for the class ..you will feel happy to see other preg ladies which will definitely make you feel better..

Nowadays private gynae and hospital everyone conduct these classes..
    Here in singapore normal is 2 days, C-sec is 3 days..we also need to decide for name..

I think I have given lot of Gyan..
    Take care..

10. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Pooja, good luck with your new gyn - I'm sure everything will be okay.

Geetha, I haven't gone to labor class yet - I am going to see if I can get one at a convenient time to attend it. They have intense 1 day classes or 6 week classes with 1 class per week also. I think its a good idea to learn how to manage and plan at least a little bit even if one chooses for elective C-section. One never knows which way they'd go until the last minute. Also if you think you'd be scared by watching videos you can ask them before registering for the class if there'll be videos or how detailed will it be etc. Just "take everything with a grain of salt" so to say. Most often your ob/gyn or the hospital you register in will conduct such classes - these are better than going to totally a private class as they may just be unsupervised advice. Also even after listening you don't have to do everything they ask you to do unless you are comfortable with it.

-L.