Hi y'all, May mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Lavanya, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

I'd like to say hi to all May - June mommies and mommies on the cusp! I guess there aren't any others until now in May... Hi to all mommies and would be mommies in general too. Glad to be part of the mommy club!
    Supposedly I'm due on the 30th of May - but you never know when the li'l one will be ready...

-L.

2. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi lavanya!!

Congratulations for your pregnancy.

You are lucky that you are going to have your baby in the month of may. You know I always wanted to be a mom of a taurean but God wants me to be surrounded by librans(my husband is also a libran). Whatever it is God knows best :bowdown.

I am a fan of taureans because my elder brother is a pure taurean. He is such a caring, intelligent, artistic, understanding and aaallllll good qualities he possess. like other elder brothers he was never like more dominating, bad tempered, or excessively possessive about me......rather he is more like caring, loving and understanding friend to me. So I always wanted my baby to be like him. Yeah I know you will ask why not like my husband ......that is because he is too good, too soft and too kind for the rough world outside and my brother he is balanced kinda person.

So congratulations ........and I should not say but I am jealous of you :wink: ;-). Just kidding my friend.

Take care
    V n baby

3. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi Lavanya,

Finally I found someone for company...:spin- Have been thinking for a long time to start a thread here for May mommies, but never got to do it.

I am on my 31st week now and am due on May 6th - so I could be called more of an April and May cusp mommy - :clap

Is this your first baby? So how has it been going for you so far? Lets share our daily experiences here so that we can take the positives from each other. OK?

Take care.

4. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Vnbaby and Geetha for the wishes. Hope you have a healthy and peaceful pregnancies too. With regard to taurean, I don't think my baby is going to be one of them - it'll be Gemini as I'm due at the very end of May. I already have seen a Gemini or two and I'm wondering if I can handle more Geminis in my life... well "que sera sera", so I'm ready to accept whatever it is.

Geetha, I was waiting for a while before I posted too 'coz I thought may be I'll be the only one in that thread. Also even after I posted there was any response for a very long time from any IL moms. Finally its nice to know you are also there... close enough is good enough for me. I have completed 27 weeks and for most part I think time just flew by because I was working/studying. Few more days and after that I get to stay home and break my head over everything that needs to be done and when things need to be done! I've had all kinds of symptoms and aches and am still going through many. Right now I'm just glad for the small mercies in life. And yes, this is my first one. How has your pregnancy been treating you? Have you prepd the nursery, started shopping etc? Is yours first one? Do you live in India or elsewhere? Do you also have a day job? I would love to hear your story...

-L.

5. geeta_sathish

Hi Lavanya,

I am on week 31 now (Will start week 32 soon..)

I live in California (LA) and pregnancy has so far been good (touch wood...) First trimester was a pain with a lot of nausea and tiredness. Second trimester was the best and start of third trimester has brought a lot of backache and cramps and too many restroom visits.

Unable to sleep well for the past few weeks. Feel hungry at all odd hours.

This is my first baby. Both me and my husband are very skeptical about when to buy things for the baby. We finally bought the travel system a week ago. We are yet to buy anything else yet. After a lot of discussion and disagreements we have finally decided to buy a crib (My husband wanted to have the baby in our family bed, and I was very scared to do so, because I roll over a lot) - We will mostly buy the crib this week. Other things, yet to buy. Have prepared a big list of things needed though.. :) - List only seems to be growing. Nothing has been bought yet.

How about you? Have you started buying things yet for the baby? Do share what all your planning to buy for the baby. I see that your from Florida. So, is someone coming over to help you with the delivery?

Take care.

6. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

By a travel system I guess you mean a baby seat / carrier... if you don't mind can you tell me which brand and where you got it from. Also what are the prerequisites that you are looking for?

We haven't started our shopping yet... Am waiting to get out of work at the end of this week to do my research and then shop. With regard to sleep I lost it a long time ago... I just make the most of it when I do and can sleep. I am planning to try body pillows to see if it makes me comfortable. I'm generally not a big eater so I just nibble on stuff and can manage most nights without a midnight snack. I do get my first drink of the day in bed though to avoid throwing up and to boost my blood sugar levels.

We don't know for sure if anyone can come during my delivery yet... most probably I will have help after a week after my delivery. DH & I embarked on this trip knowing that we may have to fend for ourselves & so we are learning lotssa stuff first hand and its a nice experience. How about you? Is someone gonna be around you guys to help?

Do you see your doc every 2 weeks now? Are you done with all your blood tests? Are you planning for a C or vaginal delivery? My cousin in CA is carrying her first one too - she is just a couple weeks ahead of me, so may be she'll have her baby in mid May.

-L.

7. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Dear All..

I am Pooja..Basically from Delhi but have moved to singapore now..Expecting our first baby on 7th May'08.:party

Nice to be part of this community where we can share our views n feelings with all those who are going thru the same experience.

Looking forward to be in touch with everyone !!

Congratulation to all of you !!!

8. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pooja... welcome to this community and congrats. Hope you have a wonderful and peaceful pregnancy. Please feel free to share your thoughts...

-L.

9. geeta_sathish

Hi L,

By travel system I mean an infant car seat / carrier with a stroller. We may find it difficult to carry the baby in the carrier all around so we decided not to just buy the car seat cum carrier alone but buy the travel system as a set so that we can have a matching set. We bought the Graco Alano brand from Target.

I have finished all blood tests including blood sugar tests (I hope there are not going to be any further blood tests in future - I always get a little mad by the amount of blood that they draw for each of these tests). Appointments from next time are once in two weeks. How about you? How often do you go for your doc visits?

My parents are not well and am not sure if they will be in a position to travel. We may have my sister over for help towards the end of my delivery (mainly to help post delivery with the baby) but if she is not able to make it, then we have to decide if we should call MIL or handle this alone. I am mentally preparing myself for handling this alone, just in case nobody can come. Anyways, our baby is our responsibility and even if there is help for the first few months, we have to handle it on our own after that.

I have been praying for a normal delivery all this while, but after reading the experience of some of our ILites with their normal delivery and episiotomy pains, I am wondering if its better to have a C-Section. All said and done, I don't think the choice is in our hands. My understanding is that the doc will decide if we need a C-section or not and the time of labor, unless we have a scheduled C-Section. Has your Ob-Gyn given you the option to decide what type of delivery you want? Do you exercise or walk everyday? And is your weight gain on track?

Hi Pooja,

Welcome to the pregnancy club.. Congratulations to you. Hope your eating well, resting well and having a relaxing time.

Take care and Rest well.

10. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Geetha

Do not worry about normal delivery and episiotomy etc.Since it is your first delivery,you will be in labor for sometime and may need episiotomy too.But normal delivery is always better than c-section,I am sure you know that.Everything can be managed -just keep telling that to yourself.So many ladies before us have gone thru' this,so it is not unmanageable,just think that way.

Also,it helps not to think about all that now itself.For both my deliveries,I never bothered to think so much in advance and I frankly think that helped me a lot.Sometimes,too much information doesn't help us but only scares us:spin.Try not to think about all that now.