1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Need help in getting rid of common cold for my kids.

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Remyaka, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Remyaka

Remyaka New IL'ite

Hi,

My kids (4 yrs and 1 1/2 yrs old ) are getting frequently cold. Doctor says its normal as the kids immune system is low. But they are getting weaker due to this frequent cold. Could any one pls help me out in this?

Also I need to know whether applying oil in hair help in treating cold? When I was kid my grandmom used to apply oil on head and put plaits. Bt my in laws are telling that there should nt be any oil in hair, if applying oil it should be immeadeatly be washed of with shampoo. does this have any change?

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

When they get better,start giving them nimboo paani(lemon juice) everyday. They are young...you can make lime juice with one lemon,sugar(or honey) ,a pinch of salt . Give it for a year and see if it helps.

I did this with my daughters....it has drastically reduced colds,cough and bad throats. I also feel their immunity to other viral fevers has increased too.

The doctor is right .as they grow older...they fall sicker less often.

3. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Hey try this. Very helpful.

At the first hint of cold, make them eat one or two cloves of raw garlic. Make paste and mix it in food if they do not take it.

Also start giving ginger and honey (crush ginger, extract juice and mix honey with that) early in the morning daily until the cold subsides.

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

seen many kids who suffer but by them time they are 8 years you can see tremendous change in the immune system. Your doctor is right. So don't worry.

As a home remedy give one pepper and 1 tulsi leaf at empty stomach every day to boost immunity.
    Garlic boosts immunity.

1 person likes this.
  5. Remyaka

Remyaka New IL'ite

Thanks a lot...Will try these out

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  6. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Till the age of 7, children are prone to viral diseases like cold and viral diarrhoea as your doctor told.

Just check if there is at least 2 kg weight gain every year. If so, the kid's growth and nutrition is normal. You do not have to worry about the frequency of 'cold', then.

7. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

we used to give sweet basil leaf juice with honey to clear chest conjestion, and daily vitamin c related fruits like grapes, pineapple, mango , juice according to their age daily . as vitamin c fights with cold and cough . we apply oil to their head daily as we believe that if the scalp is dry, it absorbs the heat directly from the sun and children suffer with eye problems in future