Hi - MTR ready to eat?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by samanahsan, Mar 20, 2010.

1. samanahsan

samanahsan New IL'ite

Hello :

I'm new to the city having recently moved to London. Haven't had a chance to go out much. Does anyone know where one can pickup MTR ready foods? My colleagues tell me East ham is the place for all Indian groceries but thought I'd check up here.

Also, any specific place that working Indians can meet after working hours?

Samanahsan

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Welcome to Indusladies! You said it, IL is the place to be when you are new and alone in a new city.

I'm sure by now, you would have well settled down in London. You have spring and summer to look forward to. While I have only visited London several times while in the UK, if your colleagues suggested East Ham for Indian stuff, they were quite right. You get all the Indian stuff you can think of in East Ham. And Southall is other option - as far as I have heard -more caters to North indian stuff. There are other places you might try like Wembley, Harrow... depending where you live and which of these areas are closeby.

While I am not aware of a specific place for Indians to meet, maybe the notice boards / ad boards of temples and Indian shops can give you some idea. My Opinion:)

Have a lovely time while there. Best wishes for everything.

Sindhu
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>