Hi Keralites! - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by safa, Oct 28, 2006.

1. manisha20

manisha20 New IL'ite

hi

i am a from kerala too. but at the moment abroad. this looks like a nice site..sure with time this will be more interesting here....

2. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi fellow keralites,

I am basically from Kerela too, but brought up in Chennai like many other ladies here. I am from Kollengode, Palghat.
    Growing up as a child I did not like to go to Kerela(What was ai thinking) but now as an adult I have to agree that Kerela is God 's Own country. I love the beautiful green mountains and the lushious farmland. Nice to meet you all here.

regards,
    Jothi.

3. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jothi,
    Nice to know about you! I live in Dubai since ten years and I like to live in our own country. We miss all it's natural beauty. Did u check the pictures I have posted in Kerala forum?

4. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi Seena,

The pictures that you have posted are amazing. The only place that I have visited in those pictures is Malampuzha dam in palakkad. Made me nostalgic. I 'd definitely love to go in a house boat someday.....may be after I returb back to india in april may be I will take a vacation and go to kerela.

I have a few relatives living in Dubai too. I hear Dubai is a very beautiful place too and there are man made islands there and the shopping malls are amazing....

Regards,
    Jothi.

5. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jothi,
    I also haven't seen much in Kerala. Every time when we go for vacation it is in July and August. And that time is rainy season in Kerala and it is not a good time to go for boating in "Kayal". Have gone to Periyar, Malampuzha etc and Periyar is a good place with lake inside the forest. We can see animals during our travel through the lake. Have heard about overnight stay in forest in tree houses, and house boat service. So think to do it later.
    And, Dubai is a very beautiful place, but only problem is the hiking rent. I have posted a thread about Dubai pictures too. Pls check it.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-dubai/2646-see-the-lovely-images-dubai.html

There are many artificial islands under construction in Dubai. I will give u some links to read about it later. Also the shopping malls and Dsf (dubai shopping festival), summer surprise etc all are very interesting !
    Thanks for your response Jothi..

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Jothi and Shahana,
    Like you people, I have also not seen much of Kerala, even though I was born and brought up there and lived for 24 years. In those days, holidaying was not done. One visited their relatives during the holidays. Sightseeing etc. are popular only now.
    To make up for the lost time, I make it a habit to visit a new temple or place whenever I visit. In the past few years, I have visited many temples like the Rama,Lakshmana, Bharatha and Shatrugna temples, Kodungallur, Kalady, Ambalapuzha, Thuravoor etc. Still there are so many to visit. I do not know when I shall be visiting more places.
    It is common that we just miss out on the all the locations in our resident city.

7. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hello All Malayalis,

I am Manju, also from Kerala. I am basically from Kuravilangad in Kottayam district, but brought up in Thiruvalla, my mother's home town. At present I am settled in Chennai with my husband and a kid.

:wave Have a nice time..

Manju

8. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manju,

WELCOME to IL! Nice to know you are from Kottayam. I know few Christian families from that place. So happy to see you here. Happy browsing!

9. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Varloo,

I did not know that there are temples for Lakshmana, Bharatha and Satrugana in kerala. Guess I dont know I lot about kerala. :) Now is as good as any time to getting to know more about our beautiful Kerela...

Jothi.

10. adi005

adi005 New IL'ite

hi

i am a mallu tooo hve been born in mumbai now in US nice to see so many fellow malayalis on this forum:2thumbsup:

adi