Hi.. age requirement for kindergarten 1

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by cgcdrap, Dec 12, 2013.

1. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Thanks mybaby1 for providing this information here. Personally, I knew it from day one that there should be no such age related issues with KG1 this session. It was common sense. So many factors are to be considered, which I mentioned before. Such decisions are usually not implemented overnight, especially when admissions have already been confirmed by schools.
    But for me, it was really amazing (and amusing at times!) to see rumors and panic being spread about schools canceling admissions, etc etc etc.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  2. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

3. mrsnayak

mrsnayak Bronze IL'ite

Yes Zairai, I read tht too just wonerding wht thy wud conclude on this matter

4. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

hi Mrs Nayak, the schools, in my opinion, should do the honorable thing. Inform the affected parents and refund them promptly. Even if theirs admission is over and they have finalized their list. Or, give the option that if they don't withdraw the child, they get automatic confirmed admission for 2015-2016. Either way, as what have been stated in the news, they had confirmed hearing the news from other schools. These schools affected should have taken the initiative to find out from the authorities when these news or word of the mouth had started around September last year.

5. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

6. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

Further clarifications from MOE. Parents who missed out in the 3.8 years old, please regard this decision of the authorities positively. Your kids will be better equipped should they start their schooling at the right age. It's not that they would be a year behind, it is better that they are more matured to handle university when the real training for their chosen degrees begin.

UAE education authorities clarify on KG1 admission age criteria | GulfNews.com

7. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

I agree. 4-4.6yrs is the average age for kids to start schooling internationally. I think parents who are in such a hurry to put their 3 yr old toddlers into a formal school don't realise that it can harm more than help in their kid's development. If kids are not mentally and physically ready to grasp structured academics (especially such a demanding curriculum as CBSE), then their schooling sometimes really becomes a struggle and they end up disliking school & studies. One more year of growth before joining school makes a huge difference at this tender age.

And who says all students in India pass out 12th grade at the age of 17yrs, as some parents claimed in papers. That's really not true. A big percentage of students are 18 yrs plus in India when they pass out from school. And the older children in a class generally perform better academically than the youngest in class. It is a well researched and acknowledged fact. So I feel parents should relax a bit about it. It is better to pass out from school a year later as a good performer & well rounded individual than a student who's always struggling to cope up. There are, however, exceptions to every rule. Parents are the best judges.