Hi.. age requirement for kindergarten 1

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by cgcdrap, Dec 12, 2013.

1. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

From MOE:

"The student's age is calculated to private schools academic year which begins in April completed the age on July 31 of the school year who accepts it"

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. mrsnayak

mrsnayak Bronze IL'ite

Hi Zairai,

I diddn`t get the meaning of the above statement from MOE :confused2: ...care to clarify plz

3. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

hi Mrsnayak,

I had asked them again, whether they can confirm if the minimum age for kg1 is 3.8 in Sharjah, the same as in Abu Dhabi. No answer yet as of now.

4. mrsnayak

mrsnayak Bronze IL'ite

thanks...hopefully there will be an end to all this is it/is it not doubts...

5. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

hi MrsNayak

I don't want to comment on the rules but I think it means the child's age is calculated as on 31st july for the academic yr the child will start school. I am not aware what age limit Sharjah Moe is set.

here in Abu dhabi I had gone to a school where they said 4yrs as on 31st july which is same as 3.8 yrs as on march(this is for auh not sharjah).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  6. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

I asked Leaders pvt school and they said that they have not received any such circular if they get so they will inform the parents.whereas the new school indian academy people said that they have received a circular regarding this stating the entry age to be 3.8 yrs and my kids nursery principal also stated the same thing as 3.8 yr to be entry age..

7. cgcdrap

cgcdrap New IL'ite

Sorry to mention this again.. a friend who had sought admission in GD Goenka come to know from the administration team (whom she knows) that have received the circular from MOE just before closing for Christmas. Happened to meet her at Christmas party. The school will be getting in touch with the parents after they reopen in January. Please make sure you have some alternate arrangements in place.. You should not be in for a rude shock...

8. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

I too think that schools who received the MOE advise late will get in touch in January. For one reason, the school will have more to lose if they do not abide with the rulings. Logistically it would be very taxing if the school had finished admission and the staff have to call and refund parents who are affected, but the schools would be more likely to comply with the MOE new rules rather than be penalized.

9. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

Other schools will not just implement these changes in age of admission without basis (they are, after all, businesses too and needs income). If some schools have started and they are giving the same reason i.e., MOE new rules, then it would just be a matter of time before all schools in the same area will receive and follow the same changes.

10. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

Gota call from Indian academy and they confirmed that for this session it has been confirmed from MOE that there is no change in the entry age for kg1. So it remains the same to be 3 yrs and above by 15 april..