Hi.. age requirement for kindergarten 1

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by cgcdrap, Dec 12, 2013.

1. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Hi cgcdrap,
    Kindly read my posts carefully. I am only giving my personal opinions based on what I feel, and not assurances to anybody. I speak only for myself. And I think parents on this forum are smart enough to not get carried away by anybody's opinions.
    The only thing I know is that I personally trust the information given directly by schools to be more credible and authentic than any unverifiable info passed around in public forums. Other parents may feel otherwise, that's their own belief and they're entitled to it. They're free to call the schools if they want.

And I think schools are in a much better position than any of us to understand the rules and regulations of the MOE and what they need to do about it. They're in touch with the MOE on almost a daily basis. It their everyday job. Their reputations are at stake. They won't normally rely on parental advise on getting clarifications from MOE. My child's school is one of the best and most well reputed educational institutions, locally and internationally. I trust them enough to be well versed with all local rules applicable to their students. If they have to inform me of something, they will not hesitate to do so. They know it all better than me.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  2. ZaiRai

ZaiRai Senior IL'ite

It is fortunate that your niece got a slot in the new school for her child. By this time most of the CBSE schools in Dubai and in Sharjah are done with their admission. The program of the school looks so promising, too, from what i read form its website.

Parents, given that some schools had already implemented the 3.8 years, it would be advisable to proactively ask and confirm again why other schools had started the 3.8 years from advisory they received from MOE. MOE rules, after all, will be uniformly enforced in all schools under their jurisdiction. Kudos to Millennium school that they had taken the initiative to inform and refund parents affected with the change, and other school whose websites had changed the admission age conforming to the new MOE rules.

3. pinki123

pinki123 Bronze IL'ite

pls go thru the gems millennium sharjah website. now they shows the age criteria as
    Age Criteria for online registration
    1. KG1 minimum 3 years on 15[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2014 and maximum 4.6 by 15[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2014.
    2. KG2 minimum 4 years on 15[SUP]th [/SUP]April 2014 and maximum 5.6 by 15[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2014.
    3. Grade1 minimum 5 years on 15[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2014 and maximum 7 by 15[SUP]th [/SUP]April 2014.
    all schools except india international school show this as age limit in their website. if the rule is implemented why don't they change this? this is very confusing.

4. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Most of the prominent Sharjah school websites, including Gems Millennium, Our Own English High School, Leaders Private, G.D.Goenka, etc still mention that the minimum age of KG1 student should be 3 years as on 15 April 2014. I'm confused; are ALL of these prominent school websites outdated?

5. pamelabag

pamelabag New IL'ite

Dear LotusAura,

Which school you have put your child?

Pamela

6. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    Today morning I personally called Gems Millennium Shj to enquire about KG1 age limit. I was very clearly told that they have not yet received any such confirmation from the Ministry till date, and they're still following the 3 years age limit, as reflected on their school website. And they also very clearly and categorically told me that they have NOT informed or refunded admission fees of ANY parent whose child has been admitted for the commencing year 2014 in KG1.

And which are the other schools that show 3.8 years age limit for KG1 on their websites? I did not come across any, except for just one school. Kindly do inform if anybody knows.

So I again reiterate my belief that in case of any doubts, it is best that parents should PERSONALLY contact the concerned schools for any clarifications about school-related rules or info, rather than totally believing any unverifiable info that gets written online. Schools usually know these rules better.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  7. mrsnayak

mrsnayak Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Lotusaura for checking on this info....I too called a few schools and got a similar answer so feeling assured tht all is well:thumbsup

8. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Yes mrsnayak, good luck! :thumbsup

9. cgcdrap

cgcdrap New IL'ite

Hi all.. my son studies in DPS Sharjah and I checked with the Senior registrar in the school who has been with them right from the time of inception of the school in 2000. She has told me that the age limit is 3.8 years.

Updating the website is a feature that does not happen on a regular basis which may be the reason for this information not being available on the websites.

However, now only time will tell what is the way forward once the school reopens after winter vacation. Int he meantime let us have fun and hope for the best!! Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!!

10. Sherona2105

Sherona2105 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I also put my child in one of the schools in sharjah and have received the circular about the age criteria.I have already admitted my child in Ambassador Kindergarten in Dubai as i do not want to waste a year for my child.My friends kids are also going to the same school and they are very happy with all the facilities and activities that they provide. Dont wry about the transportation they provide the same.