1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hey All I’m Again Here For Your Suggestions! I Am In A Dilemma

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indubalram, Aug 19, 2022.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Don't make food for selfish humans then.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Another option is to make all that is normally made for Krishna Janmashtami and tell the selfish people that Lord appeared in person and partook everything made for His birthday. What was made can be finished by the preparer and the rest can be distributed to the neighbors.

chanchitra likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I am a bit confused. Do you want your husband to do it because you do not want to take off from your work? You only know the answer. He is not v keen and looks not as ritualistic as well.
    They say 'do in Rome as the Romans do.'
    Our Gods are very kind and loving. They will be equally happy with Bel Patra only. What matters is faith and love.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Haha he finally offered butter only to god and then he asked me to prepare food for him. I said since we offered only butter we can only butter Bc that’s all we could offer!

chanchitra likes this.
  5. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Correct I agree. But if he wants to offer only butter Bc we don’t have time to make. Then how can we make delicious food for ourselves! Don’t u think we should take time and care to offer traditional food to god. Is that not our righteousness! Is the human has become so buzy that we can’t take time off to do rituals properly!

HariLakhera, mbharani and chanchitra like this.
  6. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Following rituals is too personal .My mom can sit hours together chanting slokas but I have never seen her making elaborate naivedyam for rituals.My aunts on the other hand do all the cooking,decorations but not seen actively participating or sitting and reciting..there is no hard core rule to do rituals ..it's person's devotion that matters.God definitely not counting how many naivedyam you prepared for particular occasions.Chill out and make the festivities a joyful event for all

7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

It depends on each individual. I, for one, am not ritualistic and there are no time constraints also.
    But, at the same time, I have seen people somehow managing time and doing puja for an hour. Where there is a will, there is a way. We can not and should not impose our wishes on others.

shyamala1234 likes this.