1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hexadecimals -- only a click away!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Mar 3, 2009.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Yes Sriniketan:

Time will reveal it for sure. But I think Chitvish will add that YOU will reveal it to Time too!!

Let's hope the explanation makes sense. It does to me. The Team has done good work in the upgrading effort.

oj-da

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear OJ,

Mathematics and me are poles apart...leave alone decimals..now you are talking of hexadecimals...it really scares me.

Now be a good boy and tell me a secret...how do you bring such topics out of nothing...

Your take on Cheeniya was great...

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear OJ,
    I am yet to try IL's new gifts but your write up on it was very informative and also interesting.
    This part added spice to the bland information!
    Love,
    Malathi

4. ojaantrik

Dear Kamla:

This fb has given me a new idea. :idea So, I shall not say anything yet about your hexa-mistrust!! :) I will soon put it up, despite the wise counsel I received a few days ago regarging putting up too many posts. But right now I am bubbling with new thoughts, I know not why! Unless I put them down or up (depending upon the way you you look at the world :confused2:), I could well forget what I had thought up.

What do I do? Have to ignore the advice.

I have seen Anuranan. I can recall the way the story ends. But I seem to have forgotten the earlier parts. Just asked my wife. She tried to help. But I am still a little vague. I remember somewhat vividly a scene between a police officer and Raima Sen after Rahul Bose died. The officer was very coarse and, though it was a small role, I thought the person (a Nepali or a Gorkha??) who played it did a good job.

dada

5. ojaantrik

Dear Lalitha:

Cheeniya is great. He is so great that even talking about him makes you joyful.

As for Math, it's my second love you know, though my wife claims that it's my first.

Your fb shared a common theme with Kamla's. They have given me an idea and I will soon come up with a short post.

Incidentally, I did post something new at the Blog space. It's about my new friend at IL. Her name is Ms. Team!

All the best.

oj

6. ojaantrik

Dear Malathi:

Before I forget, I like the quote you use for your signature. It's well known of course, but these lines send shivers down my spine everytime I hear them. Especially the last line.

Do try out the upgrades, even if it's only for fun. They have indeed spent a great deal of time and thought on the innovations. I don't know why, but I feel as though I was sitting and working with them on these beautiful ideas while they were at the job!! Just the sort of thing I myself might have tried too. I am trying to build up a website for myself and I know exactly how much work is involved.

Let us hope and pray for this lovely Team of workers. Let's pray that their efforts will lead to more participation in the Blog space. They have a very tough competitor in Snippets I think. Most ILites prefer the Snippets Forum. I do too, though I shall certainly be writing from time to time at the Blog space they allotted me so kindly. I like Snippets, not merely because the likelihood of being read is higher. A major attraction is Cheeniya's sub-forum. It is a sheer treat to read him and interact with him through fb's.

But, as I said, do please look through what the IL Team has done to the Blog space. They have sweated over it and it is our moral responsibility to lend them support. At least I for one will keep encouraging them. Towards this end I did what I could by writing a limerick on Ms Team (this is how I refer to the mysterious Team Leader) in my Blog space. Hope you will get to read it. It's very short, just 5 lines. :) Nonetheless, only two persons cared to react to it. On the other hand, at Snippets, Kanchenjangha, which is short too, collected at least 16 comments. Some of them were truly serious ones.

One reason I am not read at all in the Blog space is that I have not been commenting on others' blog space contributions too much. I will try that out.

Love and regards.

oj

7. Malathijagan

Dear Oj,
    First, thank you for liking my quote. They have been borrowed from Shakespere's 'Hamlet'.They were chosen at a time when I was going through a lot of stress. So I wanted them to be motivating me each time I looked at them! They have indeed worked wonders!
    Your praises about ILteam is a much deserved one and I too join you in your prayers for them for their excellent team work and perseverance in keeping the Ilites happy.
    People like myself who cannot contribute regular blog posts prefer to contribute in 'Snippets' forum. As you said, people with less time at our disposal due to various reasons prefer to surf the snippets forum first.
    I went through both the above mentioned posts.
    I do not know why people didn't leave any comments for limerick, may be because they didn't know in what context it was written? Some times after a weekend if there are too many posts vying for attention, then there is a chance of being missed out.
    Some times we may read it and it may be appealing too but due to lack of time for leaving comments,we may just pass by. I have done this quite a lot of times, I confess. But then if a blog has appealed to me I have nominated it for the best post though I may not have left a comment in the original post.
    So please do not bother about the fbs and keep writing!
    Love,
    Malathi

8. ojaantrik

Yes Malathi. There is much wisdom in your post, especially the last few sentences. I am trying my best to do things the way you suggest. I hope I can stick to this path. However, I doubt that I shall ever want to write in any other blog forum. I like IL more than any other blog site and if it stays this way, this is where I keep writing so long as I am capable of writing.

As I told you, given my passion for picking up computer language, I will also store everything I have ever written, English, Bengali, creative pieces, popular economics or whatever else I can find in my scattered archives in a website that I shall keep building. I want to do this because this is the best present that I can think of for my yet to be conceived granddaughter! In the IL Blog space I have started a letter to her, but it is moving slowly because I am depending on someone for the graphics.

All the best and do keep this site alive. My sixth sense tells me now that I have finally recognized Ms Team. :thumbsup

All the best.

oj

9. Malathijagan

Dear OJ,
    It is nice to know that you are creating your own web site where you plan to store your blogs and write ups from various sites. That is a wonderful idea.And my good wishes for your dream to come true! May you become a grandpa very soon!
    Love,
    Malathi

10. ojaantrik

Thanks a lot Malathi. I guess it will happen by and by. In the meantime I need to work on this site. It is hard labour and my progress is very slow.

Love.

oj