1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Henna Vs Keratin TreaTment, my experience.

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rainandsnow, Jul 17, 2012.

1. rainandsnow

rainandsnow New IL'ite

I have thick curly frizzy hair. When I came the US, I didn't know what to do with my hair so I flat ironed my hair regularly. Then few years back I got the Copolla Keratin Treatment done. It had no effect on my hair except that it made my hair easier To flat iron my hair. But I still had the same frizzy curly hair. Now for the past six months I have been using henna on my hair monthly and I can't believe the difference it does for my hair. My curls are looser and less frizzy. Plus my hair feels so soft and strong. I love it.

Thats all. I thought i wound share my wonderful experience with you all and to remind that there is no need for expensive chemical treatments and natural ways are the best way to take care of ourselves.

1 person likes this.

2. sudhirakumar

sudhirakumar Senior IL'ite

hi rainandsnow

I know it makes a lot of difference but doesnt henna make the hait more dry. please tell me what you added

3. rainandsnow

rainandsnow New IL'ite

The dryness only lasts for a few days for me. I apply olive oil overnight on my hair after washing off the henna and then my hair feels like new.

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi Sudhira,

If you are feeling dryness in your hair after applying Henna..mix either plain curd (yogurt) or 0ne spoon of hair oil. My friend was doing the same and she got result after 2-3 mnth (her hair was very dry and curly)
    I was applying heena reguralrly on my hair before kid (did for almost 6 years) and my hair was no nice.

Since I never had problem of dryness so I never used this tip though I always apply oil for night before doing shampoo after Heena.

5. pari86

pari86 Bronze IL'ite

hi friends,

thanks for sharing all this. I have one question, can egg be added to this mixture. Will it benefit for curly hair also.

thanks plz reply

6. minivara

minivara Junior IL'ite

Hmmm..very interesting. But doesn't henna color your hair a golden brown? Is there a way to use henna and retain the black of your hair? Thanks

7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi rainandsnow,

Is this copolla straightening same as japanese hair straightening? How long does it stay straight? And also the cost please.

8. AmritaPoorni

AmritaPoorni Bronze IL'ite

Hi Minivara,

I have been using henna for the pat 10 years and my hair is still black. I do not keep the henna in the container for long. I just mix it with other ingredients and immediately apply it on my hair. I keep it for 1.5hrs before I wash it off.

Hi pari86,

yes you can surely add egg to it. It has lot of protein which is good for your scalp.

Hi sudhira,

you can add coconut milk to the mixture and you wont feel the dryness in your hair. Also do a good oil massage before applying henna. You can also add curd. Its a good conditioner.

Love,
    AmritaPoorni

1 person likes this.
  9. sistauniverse

sistauniverse New IL'ite

Yes! You can follow up with an application of indigo, an all natural plant used to dye blue jeans. I recently used indigo on my hair after a henna application and it has a nice blue/black hue. Just make sure that it's pure indigo without any PPD or other chemicals in it.

10. tvani179

tvani179 New IL'ite

what is the best brand in Henna that we can get in Indian stores in US?