1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Henna Queries & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by sravanthi, Dec 13, 2006.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Question on Henna Mix??

Thank you SreevalliBowlet me try it

2. Rainy

Rainy New IL'ite

how to apply henna for hair

hi
    everybody i just have a small doubt, i.e. whether we can apply henna for hair which is prescribed for hands(hope u understood my doubt)

3. Geethachandru

Geethachandru New IL'ite

Re: how to apply henna for hair

Hi,
    Yes we can use the powder,first you have to mix the powder with water and make a paste and let it remain in an iron kadai (small one) over night,next day apply it on hair and leave it on for some time and wash it off with water,do not use shampoo,as a good measure I usually add some amla powder,hibiscus powder and lemon juice

4. floryinson

floryinson New IL'ite

Hello,
    Rainy Here is tip from my side:

Step by step instructions for how to apply henna

• Take a small bowl and put henna into it according to your hair length. Mix henna with warm water.
    • Mix few drops of lemon and egg along with a little warm water. Leave the paste for 4 to 8 hours.
    • Mix the contents completely and apply to your hair, while applying henna, use gloves so that you don 't spoil your hand.
    • After applying henna to your hair leave it for about an hour till it gets dried to a matte finish.
    • Rinse your hair proper under a running water, and after that u can shampoo your hair also.
    • And wipe your hair with a clean towel don 't rub too hard, do it gently.

5. diamonds

diamonds New IL'ite

yes above posts are correct...but recently i tried a readymade pack..from Godrej Nupur 100% natural mehendi. it contains the goodness of 9 herbs - brahmi, shikakai, aloe vera, methi, bhringraj, amla, neem, hibiscus, jatamansi. It costs only Rs.15

6. fantasia96

fantasia96 New IL'ite

Re: Question on Henna Mix??

Why is it important to wait a few days before applying the mixture? Is it less effective if you don't wait?

Thanks

7. faai

faai New IL'ite

Yes its right ,but B4 washing ur hair with shampoo ,i've heard that its better to give an oil massage,
    and i have a query ,that did anyone experience hairfall after applying henna ....
    I feel that , i'm in uae and i experience really worse hairfall , is there any treatment for this, i feel really sad, i experience this since 4 years after chikd birth.
    i have split ends and the hair breaks and dandruff during winter:crazy.

8. sruthi1407

sruthi1407 New IL'ite

Henna hair coloring

Which is better to mix with henna tea or coffee decoction? What is the difference in shades we will get?

I have not used henna for a long time. I applied fenugreek paste last week to condition my hair. It turned my hair slight brown. I had dark black hair. I was warned that fenugreek will cause discoloration but still went ahead trying it. I regret it now because I just hate the color.

What can be mixed with henna to get burgandy highlights? I have heard mixing beetroot juice to be effective. Please pour in your tried and trusted recipes.

I intend to use it just for coloring purpose. My hair is medium length.

9. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: Henna hair coloring

For the first time hearing the Methi seeds(fenugreek) had turned your hair brown? Its my humble opinion that You are in worng conclusion about the hair colour change.[​IMG]

Giving some tips for mixing henna......

Begin mixing paste the day before you would like to apply the henna. It takes about 24 hours to prepare the henna paste for application.

Many henna users have unique henna hair recipes. By adding other natural ingredients, henna can produce color results darker or redder than if henna is used alone.

Adding other ingredients to the henna paste can be beneficial to different hair types, too. For example, some ingredients will aid in helping hair to be less oily and flat.

It is recommended to add apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to henna when making the paste. This will result in richer, deeper red highlights. Also use vinegar or lemon juice if you wish to add some golden highlights to your hair. Using either addition when coloring your hair with henna will be helpful for oily hair. Likewise, if your hair is very dry, skip adding vinegar or lemon juice to your henna paste mixture.

Tea is another ingredient used to help maximize henna's effectiveness. Simply substitute strong brewed tea, not instant tea, for the water when mixing the henna paste. Wait for the tea to cool before adding it to the henna. It should be warm, but not hot. Adding Red Zinger Tea to henna paste maximizes red highlights.

If a person loves henna, but doesn't want such strong red highlights, use coffee. Coffee will help produce deep brown highlights and darken the red tones. Again, just like tea, use strong brewed coffee, not instant. Instead of adding water to the henna, add the coffee. Let the henna mixed with the coffee sit overnight before using on your hair. Actually, you should do this with any henna paste. It allows time for the henna color to be released.

Adding cinnamon, cloves or paprika to your henna paste results in richer, deeper red toned highlights in the hair. The cinnamon also helps to mask henna's odor.

Olive oil is a great addition to henna for dry hair. or damaged hair.Avoid using olive oil if your hair is oily, fine, or flat. Eggs are also a nice addition to henna. If your hair is dry, add the egg yolk only. Otherwise, use the entire egg. Don't use more than one egg. Adding either olive oil or eggs will result in more subtle color, however.

10. sruthi1407

sruthi1407 New IL'ite

Re: Henna hair coloring

Wonderful tips, thank you for the detailed reply! I have heard similar experiences from some people, regular use of fenugreek seeds paste on hair cause discoloration eventually. May be I should have added some other ingredients with it.