1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Henna and indica fading off quickly after hair wash.Tips needed

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by remaviswanathr, Sep 20, 2015.

1. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

OP,

I still think the problem is with your henna. Are you sure it is of good quality? If so then check the way you are preparing it, are you adding all the different things how long do you let the mixture sit before applying, how long you keep the pack in your hair etc -- check youtube videos, each person has their favorite set of items that they swear by. Experiment and see which one works for you. If you add the conditioners like egg or yogurt or hibiscus to the henna mix then you dont need daily oiling afterwards as the hair gets conditioned very well with the pack itself.

try henna 2 -3 times consecutively to properly prime the hair and then start using the indica. this may mean 1-2 weeks of your going around with orange hair though. is that feasible?

Order of applying when I used to do this regimen was oil hair v well, next day shampoo with v mild herbal product like real shikakai or soapnut, next day henna then indica. Even though the color stayed for awhile and I got good results I found this regimen too rigorous and time consuming and discontinued. :) Use of commercial shampoo seals the hair strands in my experience and gives poor coloring results.

2. remaviswanathr

remaviswanathr New IL'ite

Thanx for ur valuable answers frendz...will try and tell u the resultsoon..thanx once more

3. remaviswanathr

@sandhya yes my henna is good quality...bought frm a ayurvedic shop....((was using in this method...first day henna and the next day INDIGO POWDER...))))) will u pls gave me a small detail abt ur henna ,indigo pack and preparing method???

4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Op,
    when you look at videos on the web they recommend to apply the indigo mix immediately on the wet hair after washing out the henna. So when I used to do this i would apply hennapack in morning very early and keep it for a good 3-4 hours, wash out the henna, mix few spoons of indigo powder and water to make a paste, apply that to my wet hair and keep for another 1-2 hours, then wash out and dry my hair.

I got good results with this. Reason I discontinued is because I have long hair and when the seasons changed, I started getting cold and congestion because of keeping my hair wet for such a long time. In the hot summertime it was okay.

If you are applying indigo paste next day, i recommend 1. wet your hair thoroughly first. 2. mix the indigo paste then and there and apply it. On the previous day keep the henna pack in your hair for double the time. Henna pack : take henna powder, I would add 2tbs amla powder and mix with lukewarm dilute tea decoction in an iron vessel and let it sit overnight.. If no iron vessel keep an iron spoon in the the mixture overnight. Apply in morning.

1 person likes this.
  5. remaviswanathr

Thanx for ur reply sandhya....

6. akanshasharma

akanshasharma New IL'ite

Hi,

This problem I also face. I used creme based hair color on my hairs and after that I use natural and herbal henna powder for conditioning. But I am not satisfied with my hairs. I am not getting silky and smooth hairs and not covering grey hairs properly.
    Please suggest me if I do anything wrong in whole process.

Thanks

7. remaviswanathr

@sandhya i tryed all the ways ..but still same problem.i think my henna or indigo quality is not good.....may i know which henna and indigo brand u r using????will u pls gave me a detail abt ur henna and indigo brand???

8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Try Black Rose..I found it better than the others.

9. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

@1Sandhya

So what do you use now? If not henna, indica, what is a good option? Hair coloring? :-(

10. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

OP,

why dont you tell us what brands you use and how you make the mix etc instead? It will help in pinpointing the problem. Secondly when you say it doesnt work, what exactly do you mean? Do the hair strands lose color or the roots show white after a few days? If it is latter, that is normal and nothing can fix that.