help with nomu!

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by sailvizag, Jan 28, 2010.

1. sailvizag

sailvizag New IL'ite

Hi All,

I want to start grama kumkuma nomu, puvvu nomu and pandu nomu this shivaratri but I misplaced my 'streela vratha kadhalu' book somewhere while travelling to US:drowning. Can someone please send a soft(scanned) copy of just the above 3 vrathams.:help

Thankyou

Sailaja

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Hi Sailaja , it is not easy to get scanned copy of the required vrathams from the book .
    perhaps it would be better to get the book from AVKF ( Link to the book )

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. sailvizag

sailvizag New IL'ite

Thanks alot for the link, Raagini... this avkf.org website is wonderful with so many titles. Yesterday by spending some time browsing I did come across one link with nomulu www.mypurohith.com/Telugu/Index1_nomulu.asp but not all nomulu are covered.

Regards,

Sailaja

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

5. sailvizag

sailvizag New IL'ite

6. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sailvizag
    Is this pandu nomu is same as 16 palla nomu - i mean distributing 16 varieties of pallu to muttaiduvulu or a different one. In the sites provided by SriVidya and Raagini only the kathalu is given not the padhati.
    Can you please elaborate on this nomu as I want start this on Mahasivaratri Day ?

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Padahaaru phaalala nomu..i.e 16 fruits nomu...is different from poovu thaambulam and pandu thaamboolam.

The procedure for doing it is

for 16 phala nomu, select any avalailble day and decide fruit and take 18 fruits of same variety and read lalita saharanama and invite some suhagan (muttaiduva) and offer her 16 fruits, you have two fruits as prasadam, remmber don't have any bit from the rest 16 fruits.

you cannot give these fruits to your people i mean people who are sharing your surname,

do this for 16 varieities of fruits end this with pumpkin and jackfruit with some gold(preferably with mango design)

these 16 varieities of fruits are 1. lemon 2. tender coconut 3. red pumpkin 4. mango 5. orange 6. sapota 7. guava 8. grapes 9. banana 10. velaga pandu 11. pampara panasa 12. jack fruit 13. raisins 14 . dates 15. yellow cucumber 16. pomegranate

Some other set of 16 varities of fruits are

plantain, tender coconut, red pumpkin, orange, sapota , guava , mango , pomegranate , grapes , raisins ,dates , yellow cucumber , pampara panasa , jack fruit , lemon, velagapandu

Final Udyaapana information is given in the katha details

8. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Thank you SriVidya for explaining in detail

9. sapnavamsi

sapnavamsi New IL'ite

hi sri vidya n sailvizag,
    Can u help me
    with muppai mudu punnamula nomu?
    thanks

SAPNA

10. sailvizag

sailvizag New IL'ite

I found the 33 punnamula nomu also in the same site (mypurohith) . you have to read the story in ur regular puja(like any other nomu) for one year and then do udyapana.