1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted For Sil's Problem

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Lalitha Shivaguru, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Nandhu & Roopa,

Thanx for your concerns.

My sil does not want to take up teaching because she says it reminds her of her kids but I personally feel she can excel in that. But we have to see her emotional part also.

Myself & DH have some what become outsiders in our house. May be we start talking very practically they are not able to accept that. All said & done the concerned person should stand on their feet and take decisions. We can take the horse to the river but not make it to drink the water....this applies very well in my family. My dh is very considerate and is ready to do any help but honestly I tell you she has been spoon fed a lot........she has to take the decision and play the ball.

sindmani likes this.
  2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha,

very true statements there.. yes, we can just give different sorts of opinion for their betterment.. but to take it and work on it is entirely upto them.. we cannot push them which may create bad image on you :(

Hope she understands the reality soon and tries out something

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Very true Lalita...now i pray to the almighty to give strength to you and your husband to manage this situation effectively and efficiently...which you have done so far.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

4. sudhasrk

sudhasrk New IL'ite

hi
    really very sorry to hear abt your sil 's story . though esje is 43 yrs she can very well take up a job in some schools after having a montesori training . atleast i think time is best healer .may be if she feels like going back we cant say wrong in that . she is of course lucky to get a sister inlaw like u.also .always it is better to stand in ones own leg as she might not regret after wards when getting old .

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Roopa & Sudha,

Thanx for your concerns and prayers. It means a lot to me.