1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

*Help* Trying to decide whether I should buy an OTG + SOLO microwave OR Convection mw

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Doublelifer, Jul 14, 2011.

Which is a better option: OTG+Solo Microwave or Convection Microwave?

1. OTG + Solo Microwave

100.0%
  2. Convection Microwave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Doublelifer

Doublelifer New IL'ite

Hi Indus Ladies!

Need your advice, experience, feedback here. :help

I am looking to buy either an OTG + Solo microwave or a Convection Microwave. I'll be honest, so far from the research I've done online, the OTG+Solo is what I am leaning towards.. but I still need your inputs to take a call. :confused2:

I love to cook and I would be using it to bake cakes, cookies, pastas (and anything at all), grill, make tikkas, pizzas.. or anything you can think of and yes I need the microwave for the reheating and basic cooking too..

I read somewhere that even though a microwave is faster, it tends to take the moisture away and doesn't brown food as well as an otg. I am very passionate about food and would like to make it taste and look like the real deal.. :my2cents

Help!!

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Re: *Help* Trying to decide whether I should buy an OTG + SOLO microwave OR Convectio

I have an OTG and cakes/muffins come out well in OTG. But recently i saw a convection MW in my friends house where she baked sponge cake with brown crust. Not the same as OTG but close.

If you bake/grill often and are particular about the texture, then OTG is the way to go. But it consumes more power and cooks slower (thats why the yummy taste) than a microwave.

Check this thread: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/personal-technology/140379-please-help.html

1 person likes this.
  3. Doublelifer

Doublelifer New IL'ite

Re: *Help* Trying to decide whether I should buy an OTG + SOLO microwave OR Convectio

Thanks a bunch for the advice Orion! Helps. I think I am okay with more power and yummier food! :) and the link is good to know too!