1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

help to reduce stress

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by dhivyamani, Apr 16, 2015.

1. dhivyamani

dhivyamani Junior IL'ite

hi, iam mom of 2 and half year old kid. my main problem is my physical appearance, after my delivery I came usa. but here everything totally changed. I gained weight lot, lot of skin problem(dry skin)... I don't know how to dress properly (fit shape of body) and I don't know anything about make-up. now I don't want to go outside. I lost my confident ,too weak and always thinking or browse so many things... anyone please suggest some tips, help me or train me... in my apartment Jim facility is available but I don't know how to use properly...

2. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Divya- Your body changes after child birth and in order to lose weight and regain pre pregnancy weight, you need to start with daily exercise along with healthy eating. If you are uncomfortable going to the gym, don't worry. You can start simply by walking and progress to running if you feel up to it. I too felt very odd and intimidated when I first went to gym but don't worry almost every one feesl that way. Go at a time when there are less people so you can look around without feeling self conscious. Most machines like treadmill or elliptical are very easy to use. Within a couple of days, you will start getting comfortable. There are many threads with useful info and many members who will support you in your goals and advice you in your journey.

As for dress and make-up, if you have any friends whose fashion sense you like, ask them to accompany you shopping. You can go to any store and try out a few thing to see what you like. As for make up, start with sticking to basics- a eyeliner and lip gloss and some pressed powder. Any large department store like Macy's have make-up counters where they will do a free make over. Go to the mall walk around and have fun exploring.

1 person likes this.
  3. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    First of all be positive. Lot of changes happens for a mother after delivery. y worrying for such simple facts. Dont always concentrate on negative elements.. just jump out of your comfort zone. Plan a daily routine which includes a brisk walk and as suggsted above check gym timings when there are less people. Or try Finding a frnd to help u within gym ( apartment neighbour ). gaining back ur shape should be taken as a challenge. No matter what , routine shouldnt be interrupted.
    Regarding makeups. Its ur inner confidence which glows outside. So love urself, dress whatever u feel comfortable. Try simp!e makeups initially simp!e eyeliners , foundations then eventually u try going parlours and do facials and ask their suggestions. And most of all Say to urself I AM THE BEST.
    If u can .... u will.... friendssmiley

1 person likes this.
  4. dhivyamani

dhivyamani Junior IL'ite

thanks you guys , you mentioned some pressed powder , I don't know about powder and their is any possible to regain skin color ???