Help to feed 43,478 more underprivileged children with just a click

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Krsnapriya, May 20, 2011.

1. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Dear All,

I received this mail from The Akshaya Patra Foundation, Bangalore. Thought I could do my bit by spreading the word...

The Akshaya Patra Foundation is feeding more than 1 million children studying in Govt schools across the country on a daily basis.
    Now, they are in the run for winning an award of USD500,000 through Chase Community Giving, a campaign on facebook.

All we need to do is vote for them in this campaign. Please find the link below.

It does not involve money just our best wishes for them.
    So, please go ahead and vote and inspire others too...

Rgds,
    Krsnapriya

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011

2. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Dear ILites,

The facebook link is removed in keeping with the rules of the forum.

So, kindly visit the website of Akshayapatra Foundation, where you will find the facebook link to vote.

So, now it is not just one click but a few more... But it is worth the effort. I stay close to one of the schools benefited by the mid-day meals provided by Akshayapatra. The excitement of the children when the food van arrives is an experience which we will never know..

The voting closes on 25th May 2011.

Very little time left for all the noble souls out here to act....

Rgds,
    Krsnapriya

3. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

4. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Thank You so much, Manju.
    You have made my day. Please inspire others too..

Rgds,
    Krsnapriya

5. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Saw your signature line.
    You have just now made me and some child somewhere smile...:)

Thank You

6. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Dear All,

Akshayapatra is steadily climbing up the rankings. It is now placed around the top 25 charities.

Thanks to all those who voted and those who didn't - please do. It is a small deed for a great cause.

Another interesting fact about this Foundation is that it is run by self-less missionaries.
    So, every penny collected by way of grants or donations go to feeding the children except for a minimal running expense.

Voting closes on 25th May.

7. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

Re: Akshaya Patra Fraud, done by Madhu Pandit Dasa of Akshaya Patra foundation

Akshaya Patra Fraud, done by Madhu Pandit Dasa of Akshaya Patra foundation

More children you feed, more richer Madhu Pandit gets! Akshaya Patra feeds 9,73,000 children per day. He is collecting 6 Rs. Donation per child. Means 58.38 lakhs per day, 116.76 crores per year which ultimately goes to Madhu Pandit's pocket. But what he does with this much money? Have you ever thought about it? If not, then this is time to think about it.

The money you think you are giving to ISKCON is actually going to a private family business run by Madhu Pandit Dasa and his extended family. For full documentary evidence and further details chk the links below

Akshaya Patra Fraud - Home Page

ISKCON Bangalore Devotee Association

Fraud of Madhu Pandit

Madhu Bandit News Blog

If you have paid money to be a Life Member of ISKCON know for certain that your life membership card will not be honored at any real ISKCON (reg. Mumbai 1971) center in India or abroad, because you have given your money to a family business and not to ISKCON (reg. Mumbai 1971).
    ISKCON (reg. Mumbai 1971) is challenging the frauds of Madhu Pandit Dasa in the High Court of Karnataka.

Madhu Pandit Dasa Saint or Swindler? You decide.