1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help (the remaining part).

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Feb 3, 2011.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

After one week, Reema went to the Coffee shop to buy coffee powder. She had to wait for some time. There were some old magazines lying around. She sat in a chair, took the magazines one by one and started reading them. At last she got bored and was to keep back a magazine. But she saw the title Help in one of the pages. It started with the words “It was almost 9.30 p.m. Anu was rushing home”. Yes! She remembered the story. She turned the pages and started reading the remaining story, feeling excited.

“Hello, please don’t close. I am still inside” she cried. “I know that” said a male voice which locked the shutter of the shop from inside. She was shocked to find the same man who was following her. She opened her mouth to scream. But no sound came out. She started sweating profusely.

She turned back and tried to run into the Trial room but having assumed that she would do exactly that, he came near her in just two steps. He caught hold of her hair in one hand and her arm in another hand. He gave her a look from head to foot. “hmm, not bad at all” he said with an evil smile.

“Please, please let me go” she said in a shivering voice.

“Do you think I took all the pain to follow you into the shop just to let you go”? he asked.

She thought that she would faint any moment. “Oh God! Please give me the strength. Let me not faint” she prayed silently.

His hand was hurting her badly. “Please leave me. I will give all my jewellery to you” she said.

“Oh, really? Let me see what jewels you are wearing”? He again gave that ugly smile and noticed her. “You mean to say these are jewels? A thin silver chain and a thin ring? I don’t want any of these” he said.

“Thank God. He has not realized these are platinum jewels” she thought.

“If you don’t want jewels, I shall give you whatever money I have” she told him. Just then her mobile rang. She took the mobile. The name of her brother Raju flashed in it.

“Who is this”? He asked.

“it…it is my brother” she replied.

“Don’t answer the phone and put it in silent mode” he ordered. She didn’t have any option and did as she was told.

“I don’t want any money. All I want is only you” he said.

“I have nearly Rs.2000 in my bag. I will give you the entire money. Please leave me” she begged again.

He gave her a thoughtful look, let her arm go and said “open your bag”.

She opened her bag. Other than the money she had mentioned, there was her bank pass book in which she had made entry only that day and her debit card, three pens, one lipstick, one face wash etc. He grabbed the pass book, opened it and saw the balance. He whistled slightly with a smile on his face.

“Now, if you do as I tell you, I shall leave you” he said.

“Yes, whatever you say” she replied.

“There is a back entrance to this shop. We shall go through that entrance and there is an ATM counter in the next street. We will go there. Using your debit card, draw the entire balance in your credit and give me”.

“My God, but that is a lot of money” she cried.

His face becoming angry, he caught hold of her hand again. “I gave you only one option. If you don’t want that, then satisfy me” he said and pulled her Dupatta.

“Ok, please leave me. I will come to the ATM and withdraw the amount for you”.

“Yes, that is a smart option” he said. “If you try to cheat me or try to escape once you are in the road, I will stab you and run away. I had already gone to the prison three times”.

She understood the situation clearly. “No, I will not try to escape. But once I draw the cash and give it to you, you should leave me” she told him.

“Maari never fails when he promises” he said and pulled her to the back entrance. He opened the lock of the back door with ease, locked it again and both of them started walking towards the ATM.

Her brother came to the entrance of the shop, saw that it was closed. He again saw the name of the shop. Yes, this was the shop that Anu had mentioned. But the shop is closed. “May be the shop owner was kind enough to send her home with one of his staff and had closed the shop” he thought. He decided to go to his house once again to see if she had already come home.

Anu and the man went to the ATM. They went inside. She took her card, inserted it into the slot, typed the PIN number and started drawing the cash. As it was plenty of money, she had to draw four or five times. After drawing the entire cash, she gave him the money. “Good girl. I have been very lucky today. We will go to the end of the road and then you can go your way” he said.

“Thank you” she replied.

They opened the door of the ATM and stepped out. There was a siren of police van and immediately a police van appeared from nowhere. It stopped near them; the police got down from the van and took the man into custody.

“Madam, you can come to the station in the morning and give a complaint. The cash will also be handed over to you once the formalities are over. We will drop you at your place now” the Inspector told her and dropped her at her house.

Her brother, not finding her at the house again came out of the house, in a confused state of mind. Just then, she came home in the police van. She narrated the whole thing to her brother.

“But how did the police know? Even I have not informed them” he said.

“Yes, for that, I have to thank you only. Do you remember sending me a forward message long back which said “if you are blackmailed by some one at the ATM counter and forced to draw money, please type the PIN number in the reverse. Suppose your PIN number is 1234, type your PIN number as 4321. You can still withdraw cash. But it will send an alarm to the nearest Police Station. By God’s grace, I remembered it at the right time and did exactly that, though I was very doubtful. But it proved true and I escaped” she said with a smile.

“Yes, if we are good at heart, God helps us in one way or the other” her brother said.

Reema finished reading the story. Out of interest, she turned the page and saw the name of the writer. Guess who it is? Maalti of course!:thumbsup

Bye.

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

It was a nice story. You have ended it well. Good plot, well done :thumbsup:thumbsup

But one small info. ATM pin number reversal does not alarm police. It has one major flaw. Say my ATM Pin is 1221, the reverse will also be the same right? So, it does not work that way. And such forwarded mails are fake. We should be cautious that we do not include such wrong info in our stories dear. Please don't get me wrong.

Otherwise, this was really a very nice story :)

3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank u Ice, actually I wanted to add a few more lines at the end of the story as I was not sure about the authenticity of the message. Thank u for the word of caution.

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Maalti, excellent story. Funny and thrilling. Thanks for finishing it.

Good day.

5. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Maalti
    Good ending to a nice story. Like Ice said when you give some details of utility services please be careful. Please do fore warn that will be better. Great feeling to read as I thought it might be some Rakesh kumar thriller. Keep it up:thumbsup

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malti,

I was waiting for this...

Thanks for concluding it nicely...enjoyed it.

7. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Maalti...
    enjoyed it a lot.

Ice...
    The info. you have provided is also helpful to all..

Regards
    Uma